Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sahms who just sit and watch tv - UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies

Ive been a sahm for over 2 decades and can count the number of times I have just done nothing.... and today that count will go up by one!  I feel like I have been on a treadmill and just need a break.  So today Im doing NOTHING.  

It is now noon and I feel a bit like shit.  I rarely, next to never, do this..... and I cant get over feeling guilty, or wasteful

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 16, 2017 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 16, 2017 at 11:52 AM
I am jealous. As a working mom of 1 year old I cannot afford it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 16, 2017 at 11:53 AM
I have a lot to do daily but I barely have the time, my kids are busy with high maintenance and I’ve always suffered from depression and anxiety and I’m still trying to work out my kinks. I could definitely being doing more but I lack the drive and motivation, at this time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 16, 2017 at 11:54 AM

It depends on the person. That's all my aunt did when she SAH. That and eat. When I SAH my house was spotless. Well it still  is because that's just how I am. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2017 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Heck with a 1 yr old you rarely get a break!  But what a fun age!  Enjoy!  I would love to go back in time and have a day with my kids being little ones again.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I am jealous. As a working mom of 1 year old I cannot afford it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 16, 2017 at 11:54 AM
2 moms liked this
Sometimes you need a day to recharge. Wether you are a mom, dad, or kid, I believe in mental health days.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2017 at 11:55 AM

lol.... should I ask how big your aunt is?  that seems like a lot of time to sit and eat.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

It depends on the person. That's all my aunt did when she SAH. That and eat. When I SAH my house was spotless. Well it still  is because that's just how I am. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 16, 2017 at 11:55 AM
It's nice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2017 at 11:56 AM

totally agree.  And I am getting some thinngs done... laundry and such.  But over all it is a do nothing (compared to what I normally get done)

Quoting Anonymous 5: Sometimes you need a day to recharge. Wether you are a mom, dad, or kid, I believe in mental health days.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 16, 2017 at 11:56 AM
I envy people who are spotless. My mind is at peace with calm and tidy spaces.. my house is a nightmare and no one does any for themselves that I’m stuck with all the bulk and make me a stress case.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

caustinb
by Ruby Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 11:56 AM
I watched Ellen every single day when I was home.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)