Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We can't afford our marriage counseling

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 78 Replies
Frick and crap. We started marriage counseling, with the main diagnosis being my anxiety. Come to find out, it's not covered At All by our insurance and after four visits we owe $400! Fantastic! We cannot afford this bill and our insurance is a big batch of garbage. We pay so much every month and we get zero benefit. I'm so tired of not being able to see a doctor for a problem or get any kind of preventative care without being charged up the ass for it.

No point. Just upset that I have insurance but do not have quality healthcare.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 16, 2017 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Boys9501
by Platinum Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Make a payment plan.
Maybe ask that they bill you based on a sliding scale without involving insurance.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 16, 2017 at 9:00 PM
I mean, what does a divorce cost?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 16, 2017 at 9:00 PM
2 moms liked this
1. Stop being assholes
2. Do nice things without expectation
3. Show appreciation
4. Ask for what you want
5. Take care of yourself

I just saved you so much time and money lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2017 at 9:05 PM
I will make payments, but having it as an ongoing $100 a week charge is not reasonable for us. There is no sliding scale, and we were told that our insurance covered counseling because of my anxiety and depression. But my insurance declined to cover any of it.

Quoting Mom2Boys9501: Make a payment plan.
Maybe ask that they bill you based on a sliding scale without involving insurance.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 16, 2017 at 9:06 PM
Can't you just up to your regular doctor and get some medication? Maybe they will help.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 16, 2017 at 9:06 PM
Hugs!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2017 at 9:07 PM
I have no clue, I'm guessing it's very expensive. We are not talking about divorce, we have just hit a patch where we feel like some professional help would help guide us through some difficult times. But that isn't going to happen.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I mean, what does a divorce cost?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2017 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh my God thank you so much! You solved everything with this one short response to my post, thank you thank you thank you!

Quoting Anonymous 3: 1. Stop being assholes
3. Show appreciation
4. Ask for what you want
5. Take care of yourself

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 16, 2017 at 9:10 PM
A doctor's visit cost me at least $200, and I would have to see them every month in order to get any medication, and I don't feel like I need medication, my husband and I would just like some guidance and help. And the counselor we've been seeing has been very wonderful, and in the last month we have really gained some great ground as far as communication and understanding each other. But that's no longer feasible. So we'll just have to figure out a way to do it on our own.

Quoting MrsDavidB25: Can't you just up to your regular doctor and get some medication? Maybe they will help.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 16, 2017 at 9:10 PM
Lmao! Good luck OP

Quoting Anonymous 1: Oh my God thank you so much! You solved everything with this one short response to my post, thank you thank you thank you!

Quoting Anonymous 3: 1. Stop being assholes
3. Show appreciation
4. Ask for what you want
5. Take care of yourself

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)