Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We lost everything!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies

So I am beside myself I don't even know what I'm feeling right now.

My husband went away over the long weekend last week (he was off work for Columbus day) and he went with some of his buddies to Vegas to blow off some steam. Well, while he was there I guess he went a little crazy with the gambling and well... wasn't all that lucky.

He lost nearly $17000! $16731 to be exact! It was MORE than we had in our savings and now our account (savings and checking are linked) is overdrawn by nearly $600!

I just cant get over the feeling of betrayal and hurt and just... I can't believe he would do something so stupid when he knows we have a family to take care of.

And our daughter is special needs and there are so many expenses that she needs and I just can't. How are we supposed to pay for her therapy now with no money?

I could honestly leave him for this. I feel like its a complete violation and unforgivable. I am so mad.

But he's a really good guy most of the time and honestly I don't even deserve him. He even forgave me when I screwed up pretty bad last year (affair).

Still how can I look at him? What is going to happen to us now? And the really shitty part is I know I'm stuck. There is no way i can afford a divorce or to support kids on my own with nothing left to get started on.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 16, 2017 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 16, 2017 at 10:06 PM
2 moms liked this
Well neither of you are great spouses, so please don’t leave him, the world deserves better than the two of you on the loose....
DezarooMama
by Ruby Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 10:06 PM
I don't think it's fair for you to violate his trust and then turn around and leave him for doing something similar.

However, nobody knows your limit but you. Is it a deal breaker for you? And you mention worrying you can't make it without money.... is it worth it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 16, 2017 at 10:08 PM
3 moms liked this
Paybacks a bitch
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 16, 2017 at 10:12 PM
Ok, calm down. Your husband has a problem, and I'm willing to bet (no pun intended) that this isn't the first time..
he needs help. There is a program called gamblers anonymous, other then that you two should attend marriage counseling.. I'm not really for divorce except in cases of cheating or abuse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 16, 2017 at 10:12 PM
This happened when I was a kid. My dad became a compulsive gambler and gambled away my family’s savings. I remember hearing the fight when us kids were in bed. I just didn’t know what it was about until I was older.
Anyway....my dad was a truck driver at the time and he ended up working a LOT of overtime and taking weekend runs when he used to be home every weekend. My mom also got a part time job while all of us were at school.
They’re still married and my dad is not allowed to even buy a scratchers ticket.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 16, 2017 at 10:15 PM
Oh, just saw where you said he forgave you for cheating.
That to me is far worse.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 16, 2017 at 10:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Your marriage is just a mess. He is an idiot and you don’t value you marriage vows. Good luck with that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 16, 2017 at 10:18 PM
I think you both kinda suck.

You cheated, which is down right detestable.

He gambled away money his child really needs.

I say go to therapy. When you actually have money to do so, of course.

ETA: by therapy I mean both individual and family therapy.
ms.heathy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 10:18 PM
He looked at you after you cheated on him...
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Oct. 16, 2017 at 10:20 PM
3 moms liked this

Um - just wondering here, but how to you KNOW he lost it?  Maybe he just squirreled it away, said he lost it (plausible), and is going to take that money and leave you over the affair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)