Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Red flag if your BF/Fiancé can't afford to give you a ring..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 159 Replies
I'm not talking about if you hate jewelry & he knows it, or you have some wooden sentimental ring etc. I am saying a man that says clearly I can't afford a ring

Take it from experience, he is bad with money. Don't say I didn't warn you
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2017 at 1:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 1:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Lmao how dumb
Room2Breathe
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 2:00 AM
Eh, or he doesn't have a decent job yet. My dh proposed while he was between jobs. He decided to do it anyway because it was a sentimental day for me. He wasn't going to spend a bunch of money on a ring when he needed what he had to pay bills till he started his new job. Then the one he did buy was stolen when I was preg.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 2:01 AM
1 mom liked this
My dh was 19 when he proposed to me and still in nursing school. No shit he couldn't afford a ring.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 2:14 AM
4 moms liked this
My husband couldn’t afford a ring when he proposed. I’m glad I didn’t have this thinking. He runs a very successful construction company and I don’t have to work. I have a great life because I married a broke ass with some dreams and some drive.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 2:22 AM
My husband purposed to me without a ring. Instead he sent me a message in a bottle.. literally. There's a website that puts a printed message in a glass bottle and nails it to you. The last line read, "Will you do me the honor of being my wife?" 10 yrs later we have a house, two cars (completely paid off), 2 tsp accounts, our oldest is 12 and our youngest is 6 and all of them have a savings account with thousands of dollars in it and we currently have one yrs worth of mortgage payments in savings. ALL of it was done by my husband. My paycheck covers groceries, cell phones and clothing. My husbands paycheck and how he manages our money put us in the financial stability we are currently in.

Sorry if you picked the wrong dude. I didn't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 2:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Eh, if that's his biggest flaw I'll take over finances and we'll live happily ever after.
anononononon
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 2:28 AM
19 moms liked this
I think a bigger red flag is the man is constantly broke but bought a $10,000+ ring on credit
RocknRoll.Rose
by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 2:31 AM

Or you know there are these things called bills and rent and expenses and he can't let those go so that he can drop $1000+ on a useless hunk of metal for you to wear around your finger so that you can prove that you are marrying well...oh sorry. I meant prove he loves you. I'm not bad with money and I have a full time job that I work hard at. I wouldn't be able to buy an engagement ring right now either. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 2:54 AM
2 moms liked this
Or his girlfriend or fiance is a greedy bitch who thinks she deserves a expensive ring.
redheadtmk
by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 3:04 AM

meh There are a  lot of reasons why a guy couldnt afford a ring. Not all of them are bad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)