Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Determined to get back in shape!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
So after being immobile for about six months, I've gained a ridiculous amount of weight. And I am DONE with it.
Just wondering if any of you ladies who have lost weight and kept it off have any pointers.
Right now my plan is pretty basic:
Drink 6-8 bottles of water per day
Cut portions significantly
Switch to low fat/fat free
Cut out soda
Cut out sweets except on special occasions (holidays, but still cut down to about a third of what I would normally have)
And exercise of course
Anyone have any other pointers?

Thank you, ladies! I had no idea about the low fat/no fat.

Right now I'm right at 185. My goal is to lose 50lbs altogether by aiming for ten pounds at a time. I'll still be overweight according to the bmi chart, but my doctor recommended 130-140 because of my "structure" (not really sure what she meant).
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2017 at 7:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 7:42 AM
2 moms liked this
I never cut to low fat or fat free, those foods usually have more artificial ingredients and/or more sugar.

Just eat real Food. So instead of processed protien bar, eat roasted nuts.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 7:43 AM
This

Quoting Anonymous 2: I never cut to low fat or fat free, those foods usually have more artificial ingredients and/or more sugar.

Just eat real Food. So instead of processed protien bar, eat roasted nuts.
BrittsJade
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 7:45 AM
Measure everything. Counting fat isn't as important as calories. Calories in calories out. I try to stick to 1200 cals a day & around 30 carbohydrates. Always keep busy moving.
Melissa_4
by Navy Mom on Oct. 17, 2017 at 7:47 AM

Sugars and grain products like breads, rolls, pasta, etc., are the biggest things to cut out to drop weight fast.  Stick to water to drink, and up the veggies, lean meats, fish, and stay away from "low fat" anything.  Dairy is also something to look out for.

SRUsarahSC
by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 7:47 AM
I use WW for food and it works for me. I do cardio 4-5 days a week and lift weights as well. There were some months where my weight stayed the same but I lost inches from the lifting so fine by me
Kyndall30
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 7:56 AM
Your plan is a good one, losing weight the safe and healthy way.

Don't get frustrated if the weight doesn't fall right off. Losing slowly is the best way to ensure you keep it off.

Let yourself have treats every so often :)

Good luck♡
SergeantSausage
by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 7:59 AM
My only suggestion is drop the low fat, no fat because it's not healthy. Stick with full fat in moderation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 8:03 AM
I am doing the same thing over the winter. Just remember that it didn't go on overnight so it's not coming off overnight. If you want I can pm you and maybe we can encourage each other
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2017 at 9:21 AM
Thanks would be great. I've been so embarrassed about the weight that I didn't want a "partner" at first. But the weight is there whether I have someone to help keep me accountable or not. Might as well pull out every resource I have. I'm still kind of new to CM, so I'm not sure how to PM you or vice versa

Quoting Anonymous 4: I am doing the same thing over the winter. Just remember that it didn't go on overnight so it's not coming off overnight. If you want I can pm you and maybe we can encourage each other
Notnice
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 9:22 AM
Ok well this is me..lol

Click on my name and you can send me a message

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thanks would be great. I've been so embarrassed about the weight that I didn't want a "partner" at first. But the weight is there whether I have someone to help keep me accountable or not. Might as well pull out every resource I have. I'm still kind of new to CM, so I'm not sure how to PM you or vice versa
Quoting Anonymous 4: I am doing the same thing over the winter. Just remember that it didn't go on overnight so it's not coming off overnight. If you want I can pm you and maybe we can encourage each other
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)