Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you *do* with a baby?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

We are TTC but one thing scares me.

My only child is 8 and I honestly don't remember what I *did* with him all day long.

Like, I get taking care of him. But once they get past the infant stage where they sleep all the time, what do you do with them?

I know I can take the baby with me/put him or her wherever while I get chores done but if I'm sitting down and baby is awake/active what do I do? Sure I can talk to them, play with them, take them places, or give them toys to entertain themselves but I feel like there's more I should be doing than that. Like do I talk to them all day long, play with them when I'm not busy, what?

I know it sounds crazy but I really don't remember what I did all those years ago all day long.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:37 AM
It will come naturally.
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:38 AM

It'll come back to you.

ColieO
by Emerald Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:38 AM
I went for walks, or shopping, let her do tummy time, whatever I could think of. Held her a lot.

I dislike that stage. You can't get much done and they're too young to be mobile.
BQuarters
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:40 AM
It'll come back to you. Interacting with your baby is natural for most people.
caydensmommy8
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:41 AM
It's natural. I would play with my son on the floor. Put him in the swing. Stick him in the walker with toys and bring him with me if I was going to another room to do housework. It's all about finding a balance and what works for you.
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:45 AM

They do a lot of lying on play mats and kicking at stuff. I got all my laundry folded while watching them bat at mirrors and what not lol

They're actually super easy to entertain. I lost my pregnancy pounds pretty quickly by taking them on lots and lots of walks. They liked the fresh air.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)