Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When it rains it pours. Im gonna lose it here soon.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
I have a family of 7 - 2 kids, 3 sks, me and my dh. We are just barely getting by. I make 10/hr 40 hrs a week, plus 850/month in child support. My dh is salary at about 63k a year. We live in a relatively low COL are but we are struggling. He gets no CS from his exwife even though she never sees the kids and we have them full time. We have 2 vehicle payments, the mortgage, insurance and utilities. Our phones are on the lowest possible plan. So is our cable and we can't get rid of it altogether because it's the only way to get WIFI around here and we need the internet at home for my dhs job. It's to the point now that once the bills are paid and the cars have gas for the week we barely have money to buy groceries for the house. It's getting ridiculous. And now DH's job is talking layoffs and mine is none too stable either because if the industry. We could be completely screwed.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2017 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Oct. 17, 2017 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I think you should press the ex wife for CS.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 1:20 PM
Just keep telling yourself "the universe is on my side," and believe it. Worrying about things that haven't happened yet is a waste of energy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 1:20 PM
Hugs and prayers.

If you want to list out your bill, we can look to see if there are things that can be cut. (This is not necessarily a good idea here, but...)

Hopefully, one of the cars will be paid off soon...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2017 at 1:20 PM
She doesn't work. Has never worked. She is currently undergoing ling term psychiatric care in patient. So that would probably be a waste if time.

Quoting Danesmommy1: I think you should press the ex wife for CS.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2017 at 1:21 PM
They both get paid off in 2 years :/

Quoting Anonymous 3: Hugs and prayers.

If you want to list out your bill, we can look to see if there are things that can be cut. (This is not necessarily a good idea here, but...)

Hopefully, one of the cars will be paid off soon...
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 1:23 PM
I'm sorry, I hope things get better for y'all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 1:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Dave Ramsey.
LuvHugs429
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 1:28 PM

You can cut out the cable completely and still keep the Wifi!! We have had to cut out cable a couple of times when we were hurting. Do you make a list of all your bills, how much you owe, adn what you pay and when per month?

My DH made this excellent excel spreadsheet that calculates teh bills and how much we will owe every two weeks. That way if we will be tight some weeks he adjusts the bills around to make it work for us and make sure we leave at least $300 once a month for shopping at Sam's Club.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 1:37 PM
If possible, one or both of you should start looking and putting in applications for a more stable job now. You might be able to find something soon and have a smooth transition rather than waiting to get laid off and then scrambling to find something.

Also, not sure how your cable company works, but we only pay for internet, no tv. You could try calling them and see if they'll give you a better deal to keep you from canceling the service.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2017 at 1:40 PM
Our cable company only offers internet bundled with the TV and there is no other internet service that works in our home. We see in the boonies. Lol

Quoting LuvHugs429:

You can cut out the cable completely and still keep the Wifi!! We have had to cut out cable a couple of times when we were hurting. Do you make a list of all your bills, how much you owe, adn what you pay and when per month?

My DH made this excellent excel spreadsheet that calculates teh bills and how much we will owe every two weeks. That way if we will be tight some weeks he adjusts the bills around to make it work for us and make sure we leave at least $300 once a month for shopping at Sam's Club.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)