Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Man if I am required to do that, that will be the day I walk

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 142 Replies
I am on day two if training to be a personal care attendant. What the training consist of is watching these boring ass videos. The other girl has slept through every single video. Me I am wide awake watching them. One video was about sponge bathing them. It showed cleaning the genitals. It talked about cleaning the penis and if they are not circumcised we will have to pull the foreskin back. Oh hell no. I won't pull the forekin back on some old ass man. I will quit first.

I don't know if I can so this job. Some of the stuff I can do but some stuff I am not comfortable doing. I hope anyone who needs a sponge bath is capable of cleaning their own genital areas. Plus I don't think these short videos is enough training to know how to do some of the properly.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2017 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 1:37 PM
7 moms liked this

I get that it's not pleasant, but isn't that part of being a personal care attendant?  Some men are disabled and can't clean their genitals themselves. 

AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Oct. 17, 2017 at 1:37 PM
7 moms liked this

Start looking for a new job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 1:38 PM
2 moms liked this
I’m not sure you’re cut out for it and that’s okay. I know for a fact I’m not. That will be one of the least disgusting things you will encounter. I helped my mom take care of my dying dad and have some stories. /:
Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't wait then because it WILL happen.
pandablush20
by Mandy on Oct. 17, 2017 at 1:39 PM
Yeah I couldn't do it either...I'm assuming you're a CNA right? Didn't you know that was part of the job before you got your certification?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2017 at 1:39 PM
You're right I don't think I am cut out for this line of work

Quoting Anonymous 3: I’m not sure you’re cut out for it and that’s okay. I know for a fact I’m not. That will be one of the least disgusting things you will encounter. I helped my mom take care of my dying dad and have some stories. /:
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 1:39 PM
I would quit. You suck as a cg.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I was a caregiver for years. It was a tough job made worse because the company I worked for didn't give a shit about their caregivers. They actually sent me into a home with a quad that had an intestinal parasite that was highly contagious, didn't mention it, and didn't have gloves in the house. Thankfully, I carried my own gloves. I ended up leaving because they worked me seven days a week and required a doctor's note to go down to five when I was diagnosed with RA. I had to fight for three weeks and in the end, I just found a different job. This one pays an average of $300 more per pay period, I work between five and six days, but the only thing I do on the sixth is do advertising, and have evenings off. Much better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2017 at 1:39 PM
No I am not a cna. None if the people they hire here are.

Quoting pandablush20: Yeah I couldn't do it either...I'm assuming you're a CNA right? Didn't you know that was part of the job before you got your certification?
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Oct. 17, 2017 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Umm common sense should come into play here. As a personal care aide or whatever you should assume you will have to clean genitals thoroughly. Deal or seek a different kind of job.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)