Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dd12 tried to commit suicide last week

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 97 Replies
My autistic 12 year old daughter just told her therapist tonight that she attempted suicide last week by trying to drink a bottle of body spray. Her doctor said its probably better to take my daughter to the e. r to be evaluated but I have my son with me and were going to be there all night long. She was hospitalized last spring as well. Her triggers is school and the stressful school work. I told her she can stay home tomorrow from school until we sort things out. At the hospital they are just going to make sure she's not an immediate danger and make us wait all night. In pretty sure she isn't... Is it okay if I let her sleep in my bed tonight so I can watch and take her in the morning so my son can be at school while we go to the hospital. It's so traumatizing for him hearing all the people in the psych ward screaming all night. It's already 8:40 we'd have to take two buses to the hospital in this cold weather.

I want to lock everything harmful up and wait until morning. Is that okay or no? She's fine she is sitting on the computer drawing.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2017 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I would have done what my Dr asked and went to the hospital.
nassivera
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 8:46 PM
This.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I would have done what my Dr asked and went to the hospital.
sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 8:46 PM

It's not okay. If you stay home I would expect a visit from the police and CPS. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 8:48 PM
3 moms liked this
It was a week ago? And she's currently fine? No vomiting, stomach pains, etc? I'd take her to her regular Dr. in the morning. I wouldn't waste the er's time with that. I would do what you're doing.....lock stuff up, keep an eye on her and sleep with her. My daughter has attempted suicide (also autistic) I've been there many times. Hang in there!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2017 at 8:48 PM
She said go to be evaluated.. I've been there with dd three times. They are not going to do anything. If it's not an immediate attempt or danger they send you home and tell you to follow up with her regular therapist. Dd isn't in imminent danger.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I would have done what my Dr asked and went to the hospital.
cheekacheeka
by Emerald Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 8:50 PM

As long as you are absolutely positive she can't hurt herself and you stay with her ALL NIGHT. Do NOT leave her in a room by herself. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 8:50 PM
2 moms liked this
She did this last week? For heaven's sake, if it was going to hurt her it would have already done it days ago.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2017 at 8:50 PM
Yeah she told her therapist or was a little over a week ago she said I was asleep and tried to drink the body spray. I don't see a reason to go to the e.r TBH... If she said she felt suicidal right now I would take her but she's watching YouTube videos and drawing.

Quoting Anonymous 3: It was a week ago? And she's currently fine? No vomiting, stomach pains, etc? I'd take her to her regular Dr. in the morning. I wouldn't waste the er's time with that. I would do what you're doing.....lock stuff up, keep an eye on her and sleep with her. My daughter has attempted suicide (also autistic) I've been there many times. Hang in there!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 8:50 PM
It wouldn't matter. I don't have my doctorate degree therefore I would do as my Dr asked and/or suggested.

Quoting Anonymous 1: She said go to be evaluated.. I've been there with dd three times. They are not going to do anything. If it's not an immediate attempt or danger they send you home and tell you to follow up with her regular therapist. Dd isn't in imminent danger.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 17, 2017 at 8:50 PM

So when you told the therapist this is what happens what did she say?

Quoting Anonymous 1: She said go to be evaluated.. I've been there with dd three times. They are not going to do anything. If it's not an immediate attempt or danger they send you home and tell you to follow up with her regular therapist. Dd isn't in imminent danger.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)