Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The chemist screwed up and gave me the wrong medication!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies

I went to get my prescription filled for an antiobiotic because I have an abscess. I went and got my script filled and went home and took the medication. My DD was thinking about going into nursing and she looked up my medication on an app on her phone and told me that it wasnt an antibiotic at all. 

It was the wrong medication! Luckily nothing bad happened but I am so glad that we caught it now instead of after things got worse

I just cant believe something like that would even happen.  

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2017 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cajunqueenslsg8
by Platinum Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:01 PM
What was the name of the med and what was it supposed to be?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:01 PM
More common than you think.
spacedementia
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:01 PM
Report them, sure no harm was done and everyone makes mistakes but this person could kill someone with their negligence.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:02 PM
Often, medications are used "off label", so just because it's typical usage isn't an antibiotic, doesn't means it's off label usage isn't used for that. Did you call the pharmacy and ask?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:02 PM
So glad youre OK!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:05 PM

I was prescribed Ibilex I cant remember what the other stuff is called but it looks similar 

Quoting Cajunqueenslsg8: What was the name of the med and what was it supposed to be?

ninjakids
by Christina on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:05 PM
Always double check with the pharmacist.

Side note : I have family in Britain and only just learned chemist was also slang for drugstore/pharmacists. I was so confused trying to figure out why they were “going to the chemist” for a tick
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:05 PM

I went back down there. They gave me the wrong stuff 

Quoting Anonymous 3: Often, medications are used "off label", so just because it's typical usage isn't an antibiotic, doesn't means it's off label usage isn't used for that. Did you call the pharmacy and ask?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:11 PM

They looked at it and everything. The one I got looks similar to what I was supposed to have. 

Here it isnt really slang thats just what they are called. The place has Chemist in the name lol. Im not in the UK though so maybe that's why 

Quoting ninjakids: Always double check with the pharmacist. Side note : I have family in Britain and only just learned chemist was also slang for drugstore/pharmacists. I was so confused trying to figure out why they were “going to the chemist” for a tick

nmkj
by Emerald Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:17 PM
I'm glad you weren't hurt. I always check to make sure I have what I was prescribed.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)