Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I’m tired but I’m not allowed to sleep

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 111 Replies
I can sleep but no more than 5 hours or so. I take care of the kids and the house so I can’t get much sleep.

How much do you usually sleep?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Ummm, I also take care of a house and kid but I sleep for as long as I want. I don't see how that stops you from getting a decent amount of sleep.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:45 PM
There’s just so much to do that if I sleep in certain things would not get done and I wouldn’t be able to rest knowing that anyway

Quoting bmw29: Ummm, I also take care of a house and kid but I sleep for as long as I want. I don't see how that stops you from getting a decent amount of sleep.
Twoandthrough
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:45 PM
How old are your children? What time do they and you go to bed?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:46 PM
They are 11 months, 4 & 5. They are in bed by 8:30 and I usually go to sleep by around midnight.

Quoting Twoandthrough: How old are your children? What time do they and you go to bed?

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:46 PM
6 moms liked this
Learn to let go of your perfectionist tendencies. The housework will still be there tomorrow but if you don't get enough sleep everything will suffer in the long run.

Quoting Anonymous 1: There’s just so much to do that if I sleep in certain things would not get done and I wouldn’t be able to rest knowing that anyway

Quoting bmw29: Ummm, I also take care of a house and kid but I sleep for as long as I want. I don't see how that stops you from getting a decent amount of sleep.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:48 PM
I’m not a perfectionist I just just literally cannot let things go because then I have to work even harder.

Quoting bmw29: Learn to let go of your perfectionist tendencies. The housework will still be there tomorrow but if you don't get enough sleep everything will suffer in the long run.

Quoting Anonymous 1: There’s just so much to do that if I sleep in certain things would not get done and I wouldn’t be able to rest knowing that anyway

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:49 PM
Usually 8-8.5 hours nightly
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:49 PM
I go to bed around 11 and get up by 8. I don't sleep well though, so I spend most of that time tossing and turning.
mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:51 PM
I sleep when ever I damn well please no tells me I can’t sleep. I’m a sahm and a student. I get up get the kids to school and daycare if I don’t have class then I’ll sleep a lil then do homework. Right now till the end of dec I’m on break due to moving.
bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:52 PM
6 moms liked this
Eh, not everything has to be clean all the time. My husband's grandma taught me that. She was always one to keep everything perfect in her house and I asked her for some pointers. She said her biggest tip was to let the housework slide because you can't get this time back. It was her biggest regret in life. At 93 years old I figured she had some wisdom behind her statement.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I’m not a perfectionist I just just literally cannot let things go because then I have to work even harder.

Quoting bmw29: Learn to let go of your perfectionist tendencies. The housework will still be there tomorrow but if you don't get enough sleep everything will suffer in the long run.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)