Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Family says I should help out

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 269 Replies
It’s t my in laws. They say I should help dh out by getting at least a part time job. He works 12 hour shifts mom thru sat because we have to make ends meet. But I have a 3 year old to care for I just can’t up and get work.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:47 PM
4 moms liked this
You definitely could. He could scale can back his hours if you worked even part time
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:49 PM
Right but then who would watch dd? I need to be home.

Quoting Anonymous 2: You definitely could. He could scale can back his hours if you worked even part time
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Well it's none of their business unless you are relying on them for money. If your husband isn't telling you this then tell them to mind their business.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:50 PM
He only mentioned it once but I told him I couldn’t. That was that.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Well it's none of their business unless you are relying on them for money. If your husband isn't telling you this then tell them to mind their business.
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:51 PM
9 moms liked this
I can’t imagine watching my spouse work that hard and not work myself. You could put your child in daycare and work part time or if he cuts back, work when he comes home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:51 PM
He doesn’t really complain much.

Quoting spunky946: I can’t imagine watching my spouse work that hard and not work myself. You could put your child in daycare and work part time or if he cuts back, work when he comes home.
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:53 PM
5 moms liked this
I still couldn’t do that to him.

Quoting Anonymous 1: He doesn’t really complain much.

Quoting spunky946: I can’t imagine watching my spouse work that hard and not work myself. You could put your child in daycare and work part time or if he cuts back, work when he comes home.
macawoogo
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:53 PM
2 moms liked this
Do opposite shifts or days or do daycare in your home. Millions of moms work. Or maybe you could work at daycare and bring DD. Or a work at home job or sell something like Scentsy or if you are crafty make things
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Anonymous 1: He only mentioned it once but I told him I couldn’t. That was that.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Well it's none of their business unless you are relying on them for money. If your husband isn't telling you this then tell them to mind their business.

Well child care would probably cost more than what you would make working part time so I agree, I'd rather stay home too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Does complain MUCH....

so he does complain?

Quoting Anonymous 1: He doesn’t really complain much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)