Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

$25 socks.... so worth it!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

I used to run.  My daughter started cross country last year and I insisted she get good running socks.  Yesterday she couldnt find a clean pair of running socks.  (wish she would have asked me, I knew where they were) She got the biggest blister.  I think she might have to pull out of her race on Saturday.. UGH. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:19 PM

that sounds like a shoe issue,not a sock issue..also 25 for socks is insane!

Calliope1921
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:20 PM

I don't know. Knowing she was running and knowing the socks she chose wouldn't protect her, I would have told her where the socks were. Now she can't run the race.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:20 PM

it is a sock issue.

Quoting quinnsmom715:

that sounds like a shoe issue,not a sock issue..also 25 for socks is insane!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:21 PM

I didnt know ... she never asked me where they were.  She got her stuff and drove away.

Quoting Calliope1921:

I don't know. Knowing she was running and knowing the socks she chose wouldn't protect her, I would have told her where the socks were. Now she can't run the race.

VegetaPrincess
by Platinum Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:21 PM
She didn't hide them from her...

Quoting Calliope1921:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:22 PM
Pop it
Rhodin
by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:23 PM
I do just fine with the $10 bag of plain athletic socks. Years of running for the APFT, no blisters.
Calliope1921
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:23 PM

Did you know before she left that she was going running and couldn't find the socks?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I didnt know ... she never asked me where they were.  She got her stuff and drove away.

Quoting Calliope1921:

FreyaM
by on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:27 PM
That’s what the OP says and what she JUST quoted you. She DID NOT know her daughter couldn’t find her socks. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Quoting Calliope1921:

Did you know before she left that she was going running and couldn't find the socks?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Calliope1921:

Momtoone07
by Emerald Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:27 PM
Although I don't run, I have several pair of thirty dollar plus socks for skiing. Good socks make all the difference. I just got a pair of alpaca socks that cost an arm and a leg. Now, if it would get cold so I could test those suckers out!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)