Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can refuse this in the hospital! Right?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 103 Replies
With my first 2 csections i was not given a suppository but with my 3rd they basically forced me and said i had no choice & it was doctors orders. I know its important to make sure all the plumbing is working correctly before being discharged but it was humiliating and i will refuse it if they try to give it to me again.

I could talk with my dr about it at my next appt but i really dont want to cause any tension and make my dr feel like im going to be a difficult patient.

Id just like to know if they try to give me one if i can refuse? Thanks.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Titanium
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:25 PM
Yes you can refuse, just tell the nurses you'd prefer an oral laxative if needed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:26 PM
Of course u can. And I would too! Just ask for the stool softener pills
Ms_Smock
by Gold Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:29 PM
7 moms liked this
Just say no thank you. If they pressure you then use your call button and ask for a patient advocate. That will shut them up fast
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this
What do you think they'll actually do? Hog tie you and shove it in while you kick and scream? Make you take up residence in hospital until you relent?
Rhodin
by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:29 PM
I've had 4 kids in 4 states and I've really only ever had to push out the kid each time. I have no experience with C sections.

Do they ask to SEE the poop? Maybe just tell the nurse you took a dump the next morning.

Bring prune juice and coffee. Order fruit and fiber with every meal. Walk as much as you're able.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:30 PM
Yes you can. When I had my daughter, they gave me a catheter, even tho I did NOT have a C section. When my son was officially on his way, I made sure to say I did not want one, to my surprise I discovered it is not normal to be given one like that!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:31 PM
I was drugged up and had just had a csec, they rolled me to my side and just did it. It was awful

Quoting Anonymous 3: What do you think they'll actually do? Hog tie you and shove it in while you kick and scream? Make you take up residence in hospital until you relent?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:32 PM
Oh, just talk to your doctor about your past experience. If you get labeled difficult voicing a concern, you have bigger problems than a butt plug.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:33 PM
I have had two c sections. I never had to take a suppository
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:34 PM
No they dont ask to see just if you went. They didnt give me a chance to go on my own. They removed the catheter, gave me the supository and told me to use the restroom, then shower, then walk. I honestly felt violated and the nurse didnt care.

Quoting Rhodin: I've had 4 kids in 4 states and I've really only ever had to push out the kid each time. I have no experience with C sections.

Do they ask to SEE the poop? Maybe just tell the nurse you took a dump the next morning.

Bring prune juice and coffee. Order fruit and fiber with every meal. Walk as much as you're able.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)