Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your girlfriend and her kids will NEVER be invited to our family events

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this

My dad had an affair and we only found out when they were in an accident together when he told my mom he was out of town for work. 

He begged my mom to stay with him and left his girlfriend but my mom said no and he went right back to her. 

Needless to say she is not well liked. I dont even really like spending much time with my dad at this point. 

I host just about every family event because my house is handicap accessible and 2 of my grandparents are in wheel chairs and so is one of my aunts. If I didnt host we would have to rent a place for every holiday. 

Well I told my dad he could come thinking there was no way he actually would because his girlfriend and her kids are not invited. He asked if they could come and I told him no. He said he wouldnt come without her and I told him that was fine... maybe another year. 

Now she is throwing a full blown fit over this. She said that my dad is family and she is with him so she is family. Yeah no... she is NOT family. I dont want some random person in my house. I dont want random kids in my house

Not to mention it would be uncomfortable for everyone. Not only would my mom be there but also a lot of her family members. That isnt any drama I want. No one on either side of the family wants her or her kids there. 

My dad is saying it isnt fair to him. I told him that sometimes when we make shitty life choices things are less fair. He could always host a holiday himself... no one is stopping him from doing that. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with you. I host all family get togethers at my home i get finial say on the guest list don't like it don't come.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:48 PM
Your dad's the one who betrayed your mom. Why have anything to do with him if you're that mad?
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:49 PM
1 mom liked this

It wasn't fair to your mom when your dad became a man-whore and fucked his side piece, screwing up your entire family.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:49 PM

I dont really have much to do with him however I have a lot of his side of the family coming so of course I will extend the invitation 

Quoting Anonymous 3: Your dad's the one who betrayed your mom. Why have anything to do with him if you're that mad?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this
My dad cheated. I didn’t speak to him for a long time. He mended things though. He doesn’t feel his current wife has to be everywhere he is. He spends time with us, and his grandkids, alone. I only have to see the wife two times a year ( holiday party, dad’s birthday). Hopefully your dad will realize he doesn’t want to put some girlfriend above his own kids.

I don’t blame you for not wanting her there.
Inana
by Controversial on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:54 PM
We also host all family holidays and that is drama that isn't needed in my house or with the family. I agree with you on this. Tell him to host his own holidays.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:55 PM

Thanks Captain Obvious 

Quoting Sassy762:

It wasn't fair to your mom when your dad became a man-whore and fucked his side piece, screwing up your entire family.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:56 PM
Are the kids his?? I completely agree with you on the girlfriend,and if the kids aren't his
But if the kids are his children that would be a different story. But because you didn't mention him being biologically connected,I assume they are from a previous relationship
Your dad needs to realize how much pain he put you and your family through

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:56 PM

No. He cant have any more kids 

Quoting Anonymous 5: Are the kids his?? I completely agree with you on the girlfriend,and if the kids aren't his But if the kids are his children that would be a different story. But because you didn't mention him being biologically connected,I assume they are from a previous relationship Your dad needs to realize how much pain he put you and your family through

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:58 PM
I think she was on your side here.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Thanks Captain Obvious 

Quoting Sassy762:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)