Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously lady you hold the line up for 20 mins over 5 cents?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 64 Replies

At the grocery store tonight I was behind a lady who argued over 5 cents for an item.  She had a coupon and the item was on sale and it came up 5 cents over what it was supposed to be,  The cashier told her to pay for her stuff then go to the customer service desk and they would give her her money back.  She said she was paying with a check and wanted to leave it in the bank.  The cashier had to call a manager up and he said the same thing but she wouldn't budge.  I even offered to give her a dollar and she said it was the principal of the matter.  Finally they voided the order and re scanned everything and gave her the right price.  It took forever for her check to go through as well.  I was stuck because tons of people were behind me and the other cash registers were even more full so people stayed in line.  What  pain for 5 cents.  

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:48 PM
1 mom liked this
She was petty. Surprised her check went through, or that she even used one lol, if she can't afford a nickel.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:50 PM
I hate people like that. It seems they always do it when the checkout lines are long.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:51 PM
3 moms liked this

The stores need to update their systems daily so this doesn't happen. She was right, it is the principle.Your argument is with the store not the customer

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:53 PM
5 moms liked this

but she could have just gone to customer service which was a few feet away and got her money without holding the line up. I have before it's not a big deal, I blame her more than the store.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

The stores need to update their systems daily so this doesn't happen. She was right, it is the principal. Your argument is with the store not the customer

KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:54 PM
She was being ridiculous. I cannot stand when BS holds up the line.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:56 PM
Why did they have to void the whole order and rescan everything? Makes absolutley no sense. All they had to do was void that item and override the price and enter the correct one. The manager obviously didn't know what he was doing. The only time you refer a customer to customer service is when that transaction has been completed. (already paid for and the customer notices the error).

Either way she was an ass, principal or not. It was a nickel ffs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:56 PM
2 moms liked this
I despise people like that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 17, 2017 at 11:59 PM
I've never heard of a grocery store that couldn't fix a 5¢ mistake at the register. How absurd.
helenperuse
by on Oct. 18, 2017 at 12:00 AM
You should have given her a dollar and the be gone bitch hand flick.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 18, 2017 at 12:01 AM

They had to re scan everything because she suddenly decided that she didn't want some of the items anymore like the cold and frozen things and it would have taken longer to void her items individually she had about 15 she didn't want anymore.  They wanted her to pay and then go up to customer service and get her money back in the first place so she wouldn't hold up the busy line.

Quoting Anonymous 5: Why did they have to void the whole order and rescan everything? Makes absolutley no sense. All they had to do was void that item and override the price and enter the correct one. The manager obviously didn't know what he was doing. The only time you refer a customer to customer service is when that transaction has been completed. (already paid for and the customer notices the error). Either way she was an ass, principal or not. It was a nickel ffs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)