Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meltdown At Meeting

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
We have a lot going on at home right now with some problems with our four-year-old. She was recently sick but is now better but has missed so much preschool and is now back in pull-ups do to regressing.
my company had an out-of-town meeting an hour and 20 minutes from our home. I was going to spend the night as they got us hotel rooms but my husband thought that wanted me to drive back and forth.
Between a big fight with him right before I left and dealing with our four-year-old I had a meltdown at the meeting. When my boss asked what was wrong I just told her my four-year-old was sick and then I felt bad and when HR pulled me aside I told him the same thing.
Has anyone else had this happen to them and if so did it hurt their careers?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 18, 2017 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Geeez17
by Emerald Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 12:54 AM
HR getting involved, might not be good. How bad was the meltdown? What did you do?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 12:54 AM
What do you mean meltdown? What did you do?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 18, 2017 at 12:55 AM
I looked really upset when they asked if I was okay I started crying.

Quoting Geeez17: HR getting involved, might not be good. How bad was the meltdown? What did you do?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 18, 2017 at 12:59 AM
I looked really upset when they asked me if I was okay I started crying.

Quoting Anonymous 2: What do you mean meltdown? What did you do?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 1:02 AM
Well, if you get let go, it's dh's fault and he'll have to work 2 jobs for being a dick.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 1:03 AM

That's not really a "meltdown". You cried when asked if you were okay and looked upset? That's it? I don't think it is going to hurt you. It's not like you ripped your clothes off and tried to dry hump your boss, or grabbed your mug and tossed it through a closed window. You didn't start screaming at your fellow employees, ripping at your hair. You didn't freak out and tell them you quit, while slamming stuff on the table. Take a breath. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 18, 2017 at 1:03 AM
Lol. He's actually a stay-at-home dad

Quoting Anonymous 3: Well, if you get let go, it's dh's fault and he'll have to work 2 jobs for being a dick.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 18, 2017 at 1:04 AM
Thank you so much for your awesome response. You've made me feel 100 times better!!

Quoting Anonymous 4:

That's not really a "meltdown". You cried when asked if you were okay and looked upset? That's it? I don't think it is going to hurt you. It's not like you ripped your clothes off and tried to dry hump your boss, or grabbed your mug and tossed it through a closed window. You didn't start screaming at your fellow employees, ripping at your hair. You didn't freak out and tell them you quit, while slamming stuff on the table. Take a breath. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)