Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PMS symptoms aren't bad

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 173 Replies
In phys ed, the sex coordinator told ds' class PMS symptoms really aren't an issues and women who complain about them are overreacting. THIS IS A WOMAN TEACHING KIDS THAT SHIT!
DS said he told the teacher his mom become gets "sick" and dad tells them to be extra good. The teacher told him "His mom needs to grow up." This was confirmed by ds friend who is in the class too because they were telling me this while I was making them a snack.
I told the boys their teacher is full of shit.
Here is my issue, before I had kids I did not have PMS and my periods were relatively easy besides the blood part. After having children, I get so bloated I look five months pregnant. My cramps are comparably to mid labor contractions, I get super bitchy, I get bitchy with myself for being so bitchy, for about three to four days up to my period I get diarrhea and then constipated while on my period.
I try to make things easier for my family by cooking their favorite meals, having movie night during the week and taking the kids to the indoor sports park where I can be left alone near the bathroom and they can play. My older boys have learn to just stay away from me during this time and be extra well behaved.
I can't believe someone is getting paid to teach kids that pms isn't an issue. Anyone else have bad pms symptoms?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

The older I get, the worse they are. 

I'd have a serious issue with a teacher babbling that kind of stupidity. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:10 AM
2 moms liked this
A week before my period I become suicidal and my face breaks out. Once the period starts it’s so heavy that I soak an ultra tampon and an overnight pad every hour or two. The pain is like I’m wearing a tire made of cramps, like my hips are a heavy weight hanging from my spine. It’s so fucking bad that I’ve literally thought of gutting myself before.

That bitch needs to shut her fucking mouth.
Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:11 AM

I don't have bad pms every month but this month in particular has been bad.  AF in my 30s has nothing on AF in my 20s.  It was bad enough then that I would be in bed as much as I could be for a day or two with a heating pad.  At this point I've gone to bed at night with the heating pad for the past 3 days.

EarlGrayHot
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:14 AM
4 moms liked this

Back in the day idiots tried to tell us that we only had cramps because we were not comfortable with being a woman.  Cramps and pain and feeling bad are NOT imaginary.  I'd be reporting that teacher to the pricipal and the administration.

Nice_Dragon
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I get horrible PMS And that gym teacher would get a first hand example of how real it is😂

I warn my husband for about 3days that it's coming then I try not to kill everyone for 3days then I start my period and it's over.
I get so hormonal I get pregnancy patches on my face the week before my period.
fallenangel_353
by Ruby Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:21 AM
I had PMDD. I was also diagnosed bipolar by the time I was 13. In my 20's my doctor told me he honestly wasn't sure if it was bipolar or PMDD causing all of it. What's funny is every since I have been in menopause, I have felt normal. Maybe it was just the PMS! Who knows. My diagnosis was never changed though unfortunately. My file still shows I'm a nut case.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:29 AM

What a selfish person. Just because she is lucky enough to not have it bad doesn't mean all woman are as fortunate. Mine's medium level bad with a couple days being very bad and I have an endocrine disorder to boot, but my dd's is so much worse then mine she gets it from her dads side. I feel so bad for her being only 12 and hers is more like giving birth then mine was at that age, poor girl. She gets sheet white in the face and can't leave the bath at times or eat because she sits by the toilet feeling like she's going to puke. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:30 AM
3 moms liked this
The first time I raged at my dh I scared myself.
It was before the youngest two were born. All the other kids were in school and he was home that day. He wanted to do something fun with me and kept throwing out suggestions. I just snapped and told him I wanted him to leave me the fuck alone! I scared both of us. I apologized and said I was cramping and shitting a lot and overly irritable. He then asked if it was safe for him to leave the kids with me as a joke and I gave him the death stare.
He told me I was beautiful and he was going to organize the garage and bake some brownies for me LOL!

Quoting Nice_Dragon: I get horrible PMS And that gym teacher would get a first hand example of how real it is😂

I warn my husband for about 3days that it's coming then I try not to kill everyone for 3days then I start my period and it's over.
I get so hormonal I get pregnancy patches on my face the week before my period.
Momtoone07
by Emerald Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:30 AM
8 moms liked this
I hope menopause hits that woman especially hard.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous 2:

The older I get, the worse they are. 

I'd have a serious issue with a teacher babbling that kind of stupidity. 

this and if it was me id be sending an email to that teacher telling her shes an idiot

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)