Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My in laws just want us to fail

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies
Whenever we need help they say that we need to figure it out. They don’t even give us advice they just say you’re grown up you need to figure out a way.

Like when dh was hurt on the job I take up more hours to make up for it and needed someone to pick up the kids and help dh for an hour until I got home. They live 10 minuets from us and just said no. I know they dont have to but sometimes I feel like they give preference to his brother.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:31 AM
Your kids,your responsibility. Grandparents are not built in baby sitters. Please tell what injury was keeping your husband from doing his job?
Doodlesrevenge
by on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Well...I have no family living around me.  We always have to figure it out.  It sucks but it is what it is.  Maybe the brother gets preference, wouldn't you rather do it yourself and not owe them?

You will be fine.

myflowerasd
by 💖~Skunk~💖 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:31 AM
That sucks.

We all need help and advice sometimes. Age shouldn't matter. You don't reach a certain age and have everything all figured out. Is there anyone else that could help?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:32 AM
They could at least help pick up the kids and stay for an hour. I would never loan money if that’s the help you need.

* my mom never has the time or energy to help me. She has her head so far up my sisters fucked up ass.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:34 AM
3 moms liked this

I'm guessing there is way more to this story. 

hart57
by Ruby Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:34 AM
While I wish my family and dh family did step up more and help with the kids - it’s not their job. Not every grandparent wants to babysit. It’s not their job.

I’m sure their is more to this story - but I will give you the benefit of doubt. You asked them they said no, so next you find a different solution.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:34 AM
2 moms liked this
Sounds like people I wouldn't involve in my life much, if at all. If you can't be there for me during the bad times why would I want you around during the good ones? Sorry, no thanx. They would be kept at arms length. Family tries to be there and help each other if at all possible. I would never treat family like that. You want to be a distant asshole? Then don't be surprised when you're treated like a distant asshole.
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

sounds like you just want to use them..and i NEVER stick up for mils so..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:35 AM
I know that but it’s sucks that when his brother needs help they offer . When dh need helps it’s always figure it out.

He hurt his spine when a trench collapsed.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Your kids,your responsibility. Grandparents are not built in baby sitters. Please tell what injury was keeping your husband from doing his job?
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:36 AM
This.

And I agree with them. You DO need to be an adult and figure shit out. Stop asking them for help.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

I'm guessing there is way more to this story. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)