Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parents vs bf

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 264 Replies
My bf and I have a 6 month old baby. We've been talking about moving in together. My parents said if we do they will not watch our daughter any more.

I can get daycare for her while I'm in school, but im worried they won't come see her at all if we move out.

My bf said I shouldn't even consider this because he is the baby's father and he feels my parents try to prevent him from seeing his daughter. He thinks it's more important she see him than my parents. I see his point but my parents have always been around her much more than he has.

I wish everyone would get along better. I don't like having to choose.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 18, 2017 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 18, 2017 at 11:32 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 11:34 AM
10 moms liked this

Maybe they see something in him that you don't. If you're really young it might be better to stay home. It sounds like you have a great support system. You even said he's not around much. Younger guys sometimes take off for good. Hell, guys in general do. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 11:35 AM
2 moms liked this

follow your parents and be prepared for him to go get a court order to see his child

Ms_Smock
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 11:36 AM
2 moms liked this
What is their reasons? Honestly if you are getting a free ride at home you should take advantage of that u till you finish school.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

How old are you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Stay with your parents. I had to learn this the hard way,and I married the guy. Big mistake.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 18, 2017 at 11:37 AM
He's allowed to see her just not at night. My parents don't let him come around at night or stay over

Quoting Anonymous 3:

follow your parents and be prepared for him to go get a court order to see his child

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 11:37 AM
What are your parents reasons for saying this? Can your BF support you and your child completely on his own?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 18, 2017 at 11:37 AM
I know they don't like him or think he is reliable

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Maybe they see something in him that you don't. If you're really young it might be better to stay home. It sounds like you have a great support system. You even said he's not around much. Younger guys sometimes take off for good. Hell, guys in general do. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 18, 2017 at 11:38 AM
They didn't like him in general but they think he is not reliable or responsible

Quoting Ms_Smock: What is their reasons? Honestly if you are getting a free ride at home you should take advantage of that u till you finish school.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)