Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Omg....πŸ•πŸ•πŸ•

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
My neighbor has been complaining that my dog has been barking non-stop. I hate the electric zapping bark collars so I purchased a humane citronella collar. When a dog barks, it shoots a blast of citronella under their nose and apparently they don't like it. Last night I was getting the collar ready and filled it with the citronella liquid. I begin to become curious as to β€œhow” the collars actually work. So I'm standing by my back door "barking" at the dog's collar. Nothing happens. I make sure it's turned on, check the fill level, and go through the "getting started" check list one more time. Again, I bark. Nothing happens. Now I'm not quite sure why I thought this would be a good idea, but I did...I put the collar on. I seriously attached the band around my neck and fit the growl box against my throat and barked. Apparently, the collar only works if it feels vibrations, because I immediately received a blast of citronella to the face. I began coughing, which only caused the collar to continue squirting bug spray over and over into my nasal cavity. I'm now on my hands and knees in the yard, trying to breathe, and to make matters worse, my dog is barking. So between coughing and yelling at her to shut up, I've emptied over a dozen blasts of citronella to my face. During all of this ruckus, I'm trying to undo the clasp of the collar, which has somehow managed to become welded shut during this whole fiasco. I finally get the collar off and threw that freaking thing across the yard, and laid in the grass sucking in the fresh air. In the middle of thinking this is probably the dumbest thing I've done in a while, I hear laughter. MY NEIGHBOR SAW THE WHOLE THING! She was laughing so darn hard she couldn't breathe. Between gasps, she tells me, "I was gonna come help, but every time I started to come over there, you'd set it off again and then I would started laughing and couldn't make it." So now, not only are my eyes red and swollen but im mortified too.
Lesson learned: if you ever want to test one of these make sure that:
1. You don’t fill the collar before trying to set it off.
2. Remember the neighbor is not a good source of help in a crisis situation.
On the plus side, We won’t have a mosquito problem for a few days!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 18, 2017 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KenneMaw
by Ruby Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 12:47 PM

Wow!  That is quite the mental picture you just painted!  Bless you heart!  I am glad you are OK :-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 12:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Is this for real? Where the hell was the phone or camera when you needed it? This shit would go viral and make you $$.

mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Oct. 18, 2017 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

no sympathy here. people who let their dogs bark outside incessantly are rude as fuck. karma's a bitch.

angela.barlow
by Ange on Oct. 18, 2017 at 12:48 PM
I'm sorry I laughed.

Lol

I hope you're ok.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 12:48 PM
So your poor dog will go through what you went through. Nice.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 12:48 PM
Lol I would have paid to be you neighbor. I probably would have pissed myself laughing so hard.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Nice try, this is circulating around facebook.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 12:49 PM
My sisters boyfriend wanted to see what our dogs shock collar felt like. So he put it in and barked. And got zapped. He screamed. It zapped him again. He kept screaming and kept getting zapped. It was hysterical.
KyliesMom5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 12:50 PM
Or you simply smack the collar against your hand and that will set it off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 12:50 PM
The story already is viral, she plagiarized it.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Is this for real? Where the hell was the phone or camera when you needed it? This shit would go viral and make you $$.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)