Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

well who the hell do I fit in with?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 119 Replies
1 mom liked this

people my age are doing tinder dates and partying and they  "shun" me because I don't have snapchat, don't use Instagram, don't use twitter, don't drink, get uncomfortable at parties, never been to a bar, never been to a club, never done drugs. I try to befriend older moms and they treat me like a child, talk down to me and have no interest in the things I do, aside from being a mom. and then I try to talk to the ones who are mothers like myself at the same age and they are nothing but dramatic, baby daddy drama, affair drama, parent drama because they still live with their parents, or they are in the deep end and need rehab/parenting classes/abuse their kids/etc.

who the hell am I supposed to fit in with? I don't just want my dh being my friend for the rest of my life...

I have a couple friends but they are distant friends...which means we text once a month maybe and see each other occasionally. and don't get me wrong I don't mind being by myself, I do it every other day and sit at the park by myself just to get away from everything but I wanna hang out with people sometimes....not party or get stupid but hang out and talk and laugh or eat or watch a movie and just have the presence of another human being other than a 6-year-old or the man I married.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 18, 2017 at 3:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 3:08 PM
Well I highly doubt anyone shuns you for not using Instagram. But you don't sound pretty uptight.

Go out to a bar with a friend and have a good time. What's the big deal?
SPNpudding
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 3:08 PM
I am in the same boat! I'm 22. I've never had the slightest interest in getting shitfaced every weekend and wondering who the hell I woke up next to. Lol.

Is your DH older? I couldn't stand guys right at my age. DH is 28 and it's wonderful because he's past the wild stage lol I have ONE friend that has kids. She's married also, and is 24.

I only have Snapchat.. and I barely use it. πŸ˜‚
LeftieX
by Ruby Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 3:08 PM
5 moms liked this
Join clubs. Book clubs. Hiking/yoga/chess/whatever clubs. Lie about your age. If you're 23 but feel 33 join a group for 30somethings. Its hard to make new friends as an adult no matter what.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 3:09 PM
Why do you need to fit in?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 18, 2017 at 3:09 PM

hence why I put it in quotes.

I don't drink. what would be the point of going to the bar?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Well I highly doubt anyone shuns you for not using Instagram. But you don't sound pretty uptight. Go out to a bar with a friend and have a good time. What's the big deal?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 3:11 PM
To spend time with friends.

Isn't that what you're looking to do?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

hence why I put it in quotes.

I don't drink. what would be the point of going to the bar?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Well I highly doubt anyone shuns you for not using Instagram. But you don't sound pretty uptight.

Go out to a bar with a friend and have a good time. What's the big deal?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this
You fit in with Non-Liberals who like Pinterest and raise great kids! Welcome to my world!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 18, 2017 at 3:11 PM

dh is a year and 5 months older. neither of us were really into the wild stuff. the only "wild" thing we did was have our ds at 18 and 20 lol

I only use facebook....to talk to my family in Europe and UK lol

Quoting SPNpudding: I am in the same boat! I'm 22. I've never had the slightest interest in getting shitfaced every weekend and wondering who the hell I woke up next to. Lol. Is your DH older? I couldn't stand guys right at my age. DH is 28 and it's wonderful because he's past the wild stage lol I have ONE friend that has kids. She's married also, and is 24. I only have Snapchat.. and I barely use it. πŸ˜‚

SPNpudding
by Platinum Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 3:14 PM
Yeah I had mine young but it wasn't a wild thing. Lol. It was just oopsies with my HS boyfriend that I dated for 4 years. πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™€οΈ Lol. But I feel your pain! It can get lonely.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

dh is a year and 5 months older. neither of us were really into the wild stuff. the only "wild" thing we did was have our ds at 18 and 20 lol

I only use facebook....to talk to my family in Europe and UK lol

Quoting SPNpudding: I am in the same boat! I'm 22. I've never had the slightest interest in getting shitfaced every weekend and wondering who the hell I woke up next to. Lol.

Is your DH older? I couldn't stand guys right at my age. DH is 28 and it's wonderful because he's past the wild stage lol I have ONE friend that has kids. She's married also, and is 24.

I only have Snapchat.. and I barely use it. πŸ˜‚

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 3:15 PM

I agree, join a book club, find some hobbies, join the PTA ,etc.
I'm old, but I am perfectly find sitting at home watching tv/movies or reading. When I get cabin fever, we just go visit my parents (about an hour away) or plan a weekend trip to visit my besties.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)