Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Parent teacher conferences

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 84 Replies
Seriously, I dread them. I feel like I should just bring a bottle of wine for me & the teachers! One child is significantly delayed. The other is smart but absent minded. Nothing changes, year after year. Same thing over and over, IEP meetings, conferences, it’s like a broken record!

Do you dread them? Enjoy them? Indifferent?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 18, 2017 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 6:07 PM
I've got 7 in school and have to go once a year. They do an initial one about a month into school but after that it's only if there is a problem.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 18, 2017 at 6:08 PM
Seven, omg, three is bad enough for me! I could not imagine 7. That would be like 21meetigns a year for me, lol!

Quoting Anonymous 2: I've got 7 in school and have to go once a year. They do an initial one about a month into school but after that it's only if there is a problem.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 6:08 PM
They are annoying. I get weekly, sometimes daily updates plus access to grades online. Why have a conference.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 6:09 PM
Oh i am all set with that! Haha

Quoting Anonymous 1: Seven, omg, three is bad enough for me! I could not imagine 7. That would be like 21meetigns a year for me, lol!

Quoting Anonymous 2: I've got 7 in school and have to go once a year. They do an initial one about a month into school but after that it's only if there is a problem.
imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 6:09 PM
I don't even go to them anymore. They're a waste of time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 18, 2017 at 6:09 PM
I am right there with you, you could join us for a glass a wine instead too!

Quoting Anonymous 3: They are annoying. I get weekly, sometimes daily updates plus access to grades online. Why have a conference.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 6:09 PM
I enjoy them. Grades tell me a tiny portion of my child’s academic success. I want to know how my child interacts at school. Do they participate, do they contribute during group work, etc?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 18, 2017 at 6:10 PM
I envy you, I do not have the self esteem to do that. I sit there and worry, about being “that parent” that they think does not care!

Quoting imthatgirl0607: I don't even go to them anymore. They're a waste of time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 18, 2017 at 6:11 PM
I could see that, how old is your child(ren)?

Quoting Anonymous 4: I enjoy them. Grades tell me a tiny portion of my child’s academic success. I want to know how my child interacts at school. Do they participate, do they contribute during group work, etc?
helenperuse
by on Oct. 18, 2017 at 6:12 PM
I'm sorry, that must be extremely difficult compared to the ones I have attended. I went to them all when they were younger, now I send my husband. They are tonight and tomorrow.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)