Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IBS/ sensitive stomach people, come hither

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2017 at 7:02 PM
  • 17 Replies

What is your current treatment plan? Do you take supplements? I found an enzyme at Whole Foods called Wholezymes, and that helps so much, as well as a daily propbiotic. I also obviously avoid my trigger foods:

Diet soda

artificial sweeteners of any kind (even stevia makes me sick)

Lettuce

Milk and Ice Cream

Coffee creamer (every single time, even if its dairy free)

by on Oct. 18, 2017 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Madeyemoody
by Constant vigilance on Oct. 18, 2017 at 7:03 PM
I had to find my triggers and keep my distance but sometimes something falls through. I take a probiotic daily and if I happen to have something that destroys my innards, Imodium and lots of water.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 7:04 PM
Honestly just too much processed foods. I was bad last week and I was craving s sub. I ate a six inch Italian sub and paid for it later.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 7:04 PM
Alot of people dealing with IBS feel better when removing gluten. That could maybe be worth a try. Gluten causes alot of digestive issues.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 7:06 PM
Avoiding all nightshade vegetables, dairy free, and I avoid overly processed carbohydrates. I eat a non dairy yogurt for good probiotics daily and drink lots of water.
Trouser.Mouse
by Ruby Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 7:07 PM
Did you know the creamers that say non-dairy contain dairy products? Nothing to do with IBS help, but it makes me mad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 7:09 PM
Yeah I got rid of lettuce or green leaves (any kind) a long time ago. I used to have huge bouts of IBS until I started monitoring what I ate and sure enough it was lettuce or anything leafy. I haven't had anything leafy in over 6 years and I'm good :) my doctor said it was because I just could digest it properly where most people can break things like that down I just can't . Now if I eat cook stuff like cabbage then I'm ok. It's odd all around:(
Sailor_nena
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 7:10 PM

I did try that for a while and re-introduced it and i have been doing well with it actually!

Quoting Anonymous 2: Alot of people dealing with IBS feel better when removing gluten. That could maybe be worth a try. Gluten causes alot of digestive issues.

Sailor_nena
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 7:11 PM

Need to try cooked cabbage. But yeah lettuce and leafy veggies make me so so sick.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Yeah I got rid of lettuce or green leaves (any kind) a long time ago. I used to have huge bouts of IBS until I started monitoring what I ate and sure enough it was lettuce or anything leafy. I haven't had anything leafy in over 6 years and I'm good :) my doctor said it was because I just could digest it properly where most people can break things like that down I just can't . Now if I eat cook stuff like cabbage then I'm ok. It's odd all around:(

Sailor_nena
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 7:11 PM

omg i did not know that! no wonder! i feel so so bad after using it! now i just use almond milk and pure sugar.

Quoting Trouser.Mouse: Did you know the creamers that say non-dairy contain dairy products? Nothing to do with IBS help, but it makes me mad.

Trouser.Mouse
by Ruby Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 7:13 PM
Yes, there's a difference between non-dairy and dairy free. The almond milk creamers would be dairy free, but the coffeemate creamers that say non-dairy have casein. 😞

Quoting Sailor_nena:

omg i did not know that! no wonder! i feel so so bad after using it! now i just use almond milk and pure sugar.

Quoting Trouser.Mouse: Did you know the creamers that say non-dairy contain dairy products? Nothing to do with IBS help, but it makes me mad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)