Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"I don't want to be fat like you."

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 256 Replies
That's what my dd 7 1/2 said to me when I jokingly said I'm going to make her Oogie Boogie for Halloween. It hurt my feelings honestly. I had my 4th baby 5 months ago and I still have some tummy fat to lose because I carried low with him. My mom says I'm overreacting. All I told her was "That hurt my feelings and what you said was very rude. Go in your room and think about what you did." She knows better than to comment on someone's weight like that.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 18, 2017 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 9:17 PM
3 moms liked this
You are overreacting to be this upset. You were correct in getting onto her for saying it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 9:18 PM
11 moms liked this
She's 7. Not 17. Cut her some slack. Kids say fucked up shit sometimes, it just falls out of their precious little mouths. That's why they're so cute so we won't slap the shit out of em. I doubt she intended to hurt your feelings.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 9:18 PM
8 moms liked this
Aww. :-(.. Kids say things... But you are right in telling her we do not comment on others appearances.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 18, 2017 at 9:19 PM
I'm not super upset but it did hurt my feelings he. I'm extremely self conscious about my body since I have terrible stretch marks and cellulite.

Quoting Anonymous 2: You are overreacting to be this upset. You were correct in getting onto her for saying it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 9:19 PM
You get butt hurt easily, its obvious. Just correct her and tell her what she said wasn't appropriate over a joke you made. But calm down.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 18, 2017 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this
I have warned her before about talking about someone's weight. Yes I understand she's 7 1/2 but no excuse really

Quoting Anonymous 3: She's 7. Not 17. Cut her some slack. Kids say fucked up shit sometimes, it just falls out of their precious little mouths. That's why they're so cute so we won't slap the shit out of em. I doubt she intended to hurt your feelings.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 18, 2017 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this
She was appropriately punished that’s really all you can do....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 18, 2017 at 9:20 PM
Feeling a little hurt isn't being "butt hurt"

Quoting Anonymous 5: You get butt hurt easily, its obvious. Just correct her and tell her what she said wasn't appropriate over a joke you made. But calm down.
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 9:20 PM
4 moms liked this
I think punishing her was a bit much. If you told her what she said hurt your feelings, that should be punishment enough. Guilt can be a powerful teaching tool.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 18, 2017 at 9:20 PM
....I know

Quoting Dzyre1115: She was appropriately punished that’s really all you can do....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)