Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I be worried?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
I know someone we will call A. A had confided in me that she apologizes even when she doesn't mean it. For example A said something about B shoes the other day and B got offended. A doesn't think she said anything wrong but because she didn't want the drama she gave B a heartfelt apology, with tears and all. A says she didn't mean a word of the apology and that she stands firm about her opinion of the shoes. Is this a normal thing people do? What does this say about the type of person A is?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 18, 2017 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kika.fleur
by Gold Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 11:00 PM

To me it would say that I wouldn't be able to trust what she says. She could apologize for having offended B, and leave it at that. There's no need for the dramatics especially the fake tears.

I can fake tears when I get into it, but I don't do it. Real relationships have to be honest. I am acquaintances with a woman who can cry on command. When she was much younger she used it to her benefit. I found it very manipulative, and this explains why we're still acquaintances til now. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 18, 2017 at 11:00 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 11:03 PM
Well, for starters, she's petty as hell. She's also rude, manipulative, and untrustworthy. Should you be worried? About what? Simply cut her out. She's not a friend.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 18, 2017 at 11:05 PM

A is a two-faced bitch and not someone I'd want to associate with.

HellHound
by Ruby Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 11:05 PM
That is some damn good acting.

It’s normal to apologize for hurting people's feelings. I’d still mean tge apology even if I still hated the shoes.
Titanium
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2017 at 11:08 PM
I think she's under the delusion that speaking your truth is always a good thing but bumps into the harsh reality of consequences.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 5:49 AM
I think A realizes that B looks for things to be offended by and A just gave B what she needed to feel better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 5:55 AM
Stop talking to A. She's lying to you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 5:56 AM

I always teach my kids to say sorry, even if they didn't do something on purpose.  You hurt the other person, and that's what you're saying sorry for.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 6:00 AM

A is a loudmouth, a manipulator, and clearly can't be trusted if she willingly confesses she doesn't mean a thing she says when she apologizes. Likely a tactic she learned as a child, and she hasn't moved beyond that level of emotional maturity.

Stay away.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)