Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She needs to go into a home

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies
Dh's grandma. She lives with mil. Diabetic, bedbound, extremely overweight. Mil and her dd het annoyed with her. They feed her crap food, give her Her insulin late and meds late. Feed her late because mil sleeps in until like 11 am, the teen leaves too early. I want to report but she would know it was me. I don't want dh and his whole family mad at me
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 19, 2017 at 2:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 2:25 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 2:26 AM
They'll be the ones burning the house down like on Whats eating gilbert grape..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 2:29 AM
Contact adult protective services in your area. Just like cps, you can call anonymously, and tell them you suspect elder abuse and/or neglect.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 3:04 AM
Yes but they'll know it's me. No one else knows.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Contact adult protective services in your area. Just like cps, you can call anonymously, and tell them you suspect elder abuse and/or neglect.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 3:20 AM

Sometimes in life one has to do the right thing no matter the consequences

redheadtmk
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 3:26 AM
1 mom liked this

So rather than deal with anger you are ok with elder abuse? Grow a spine, report them, and then hold your ground when they get upset. If they start talking crap, take one step into thier personal space, say very calmly and firmly, that you will not stand by and tolerate elder abuse, you did the right thing, and you will not listen to a single word out of thier mouths trashing you. That you would rather have them hate you for having integrity and doing the right thing no matter how hard, then have them love you for being a spineless coward.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 3:28 AM
Does she ever see the doctors? I'd call a day after a doctor or nurse visit.
Marie207
by on Oct. 19, 2017 at 3:29 AM

If dh knows this and is doing nothing about it, and it's his grandma, there's not much you can do.  It sounds like they are waiting on her to pass and get some money/property, and whatever else.  They know putting her in a home will lock all that up, and she would have to start paying the home.  So sad.

ResidentRedhead
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 3:32 AM
1 mom liked this
For fuck's sake.

The safety and well-being of an elderly woman who can't defend or take care of herself os far more important than you being a pussy over people being mad at you.
Marie207
by on Oct. 19, 2017 at 3:33 AM

I was just thinking, she said she did not want them to know, and they will.  lol  lol  I agree with the next response though.  Do the right thing and tell family to kiss you all over.  You wil be blessed.  Your dh needs his butt kicked, cause he is with them in thought.  They are waiting on something.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Yes but they'll know it's me. No one else knows.
Quoting Anonymous 3: Contact adult protective services in your area. Just like cps, you can call anonymously, and tell them you suspect elder abuse and/or neglect.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)