Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Angry Parents

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 105 Replies
I told them last night that no family members will be allowed to spend the night in our new home (except in case of emergencies). Our house has always been the "go to house". Everyone takes it upon themselves to think it's ok to stay with us when they are in town. My parents usually come 7 or 8 times a year. Other family/guests may come 2-3 times a year. Now that we are building our new home we want to be more private. We are telling family and friends that when they come here from now on they will have to rent a hotel, house, or cabin. Are we wrong?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:27 AM
You sound fun.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:28 AM
Thanks

Quoting Anonymous 2: You sound fun.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:28 AM
I guess we are a little too much fun and accommodating which is why people always want to come fucking visit.

Marie207
by on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:31 AM

want to come "f ing visit?"  wow. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: I guess we are a little too much fun and accommodating which is why people always want to come fucking visit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:33 AM
3 moms liked this
Sorry did I hurt your virgin ears? Guess you've never heard a curse word

Quoting Marie207:

Quoting Anonymous 1: I guess we are a little too much fun and accommodating which is why people always want to come fucking visit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Ok. Thank you for this PSA.
Clearly you still like to share your life.
Because not only did you tell everyone in your
"Family" you feel the need to tell everyone on cafemom.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:35 AM
1 mom liked this

You sound like you have issues and are bouncing between 2 extremes.  There's a huge middle ground between letting whoever stay there whenever they want and banning anyone from ever staying there.  Both extremes are crazy.  

Marie207
by on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:36 AM

You don't have to apologize.  Yes I have heard and said curse words.  As a laldy, I don't use that particular word unless I am talking about exactly what it is.  I don't hang it on to everything.  I hate the b (female cow) word too.  I don't use that one period. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Sorry did I hurt your virgin ears? Guess you've never heard a curse word
Quoting Marie207:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:36 AM
I don't mind having company just not over night.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

You sound like you have issues and are bouncing between 2 extremes.  There's a huge middle ground between letting whoever stay there whenever they want and banning anyone from ever staying there.  Both extremes are crazy.  

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 6:44 AM
1 mom liked this

No not wrong just not nice. By telling them now before your new home is even built comes off as bitchy. You could have done it when the home was complete or almost complete. It  could have been said differently. Of course I wasn't there . Just going off what you shared. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)