Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who does that?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
Do you buy meat from the store and put it straight in the freezer? Like still in it's package? I've told dh not to do this and yet he did it again. I looked in the fridge just now and there wasn't any meat. It's all frozen. This throws off my day. I won't be able to put dinner in the crockpot now and I have to wait for all that to thaw. Hopefully it's fully thawed by morning so I can start cooking as soon as the kids leave. Not only that it will get freezer burn because it's not packaged right.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 19, 2017 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 8:20 AM
3 moms liked this
Um, who? Well, everyone except you, I guess.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this
If I don't need it immediately, we put it directly in the freezer. Otherwise, we leave it out. It doesn't get freezer burn.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 8:21 AM

It depends on how much is in the package and how it is packaged.  I don't repackage everything, but it is sometimes necessary.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 8:26 AM

We do it every week and daily I take it out to defrost. If I know I want it defrosted for the next morning, I take it out the day before. It's quite simple.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 8:27 AM
Large family packs

Quoting Anonymous 4:

It depends on how much is in the package and how it is packaged.  I don't repackage everything, but it is sometimes necessary.  

AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this
You can put frozen food into the crock pot.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 19, 2017 at 8:29 AM
I don’t keep enough meat on hand for freezer burn to be an issue.....and I only thaw what I will need for the following day, everything else is frozen as it comes home from the store.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 8:29 AM
This is really a thing? You don't repackage it without air and in smaller quantities? Everyone I've ever known has done that. But the second issue is that I planned on throwing some stuff in the crockpot. Now now. It's frozen solid.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Um, who? Well, everyone except you, I guess.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 8:29 AM
No. I'd never freeze anything in the original packaging. I vacuum seal everything. Before, I'd put the meat into a ziploc squeeze out all the air.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 8:30 AM
I watched your mom's tutorial on Youtube.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)