Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They miss grandma

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this
My mom was here for 2 weeks. Just to visit. She helped me so much with the kids she always done when she comes which is only twice a year. She left this morning and my kids cried saying they wished grandma lived close to see her more. It made me a little sad too. She’s the only grandparent they have.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 19, 2017 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 8:59 AM
They will be okay. We don't see grandparents even that much and every survives. Things will go back to normal soon and she won't be so present in their minds.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 9:02 AM
Really?

Quoting Anonymous 2: They will be okay. We don't see grandparents even that much and every survives. Things will go back to normal soon and she won't be so present in their minds.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 9:03 AM
I'm not sure what your "really?" refers to, but everything I said was true, so yes, really.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Really?

Quoting Anonymous 2: They will be okay. We don't see grandparents even that much and every survives. Things will go back to normal soon and she won't be so present in their minds.
LuvHugs429
by Silver Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 9:06 AM

I know the feeling. My mom live 3,000 mi away but when she comes to visit the kids love her. She spoils them rotten. I always tell them if she lived closer and they saw her all the time they wouldn't get spoiled like when she comes to visit LOL

mamaracheli
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Aww. My mother and I have a...difficult relationship at times but my children do love her. She lives about two hours from us. We haven’t seen her or my dad in a while. Maybe we’ll go up this weekend.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 9:09 AM

Can you facetime or skype her regularly? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 9:13 AM
She doesn’t have anything but a cellphone. Last years mother’s day we gave her an iPad mini but she still doesn’t really get the hang of it other than YouTube.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Can you facetime or skype her regularly? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 9:14 AM
Your response was so nonchalant.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm not sure what your "really?" refers to, but everything I said was true, so yes, really.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Really?

Ladybug_56129
by on Oct. 19, 2017 at 9:49 PM

Awww, your sweet children, I can only imagine how hard it is for them. My grandparents ended up walking out of my life when I was a young child. I remember crying and being so upset when they left. That all to say, my parents found an older couple in our church who would do special things with us. They didn’t replace my grandparents, but it helped having an older couple in our lives who acted like grandparents. To this day, I still receive a birthday card from them every year. I know with this day and age you have to be careful, but maybe it could help. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 9:59 PM

At least they get quality time with her. 

2 weeks, twice a year is actually pretty awesome. Sure, it's a bummer that it's only twice a year, but if she lived in town and saw the kids for 2 hours a week every week, at the end of the year that's only 104 hours of Grandma time. Instead, they get 672 hours of Grandma time each year. (Ok, you can cut a third for sleep, that's still 448 hours.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)