Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just hope I made the right choice

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
My husband is a recovering addict. He was in recovery for 6 months when he was unfaithful to me. Because of all the damage he had caused I told him we needed to seperate. He couldn't work because his seizure disorder so I held down 2 jobs.. one in which paid only for daycare for our 1 year old since he couldn't watch her in case he had a seizure.he moved out and into a sober living home. Im a nurse fulltime at a physicians office and I deliver food for orderup I'm the evenings in which I was bringing the kids with me. (13,8,1) after he left the kids would end up being home for 4 to 5 hours alone (my first job was 1 hour drive each way) and my 13 year old began failing classes.even though she's always had great grades. My 8byear old son started acting out in school. My husband doesnt help with the kids at all.. financially or any other way. So I decided to quit my nursing job.. apply for assistance (housing and foodstamps..i was approved) i loved my job and i had such great benefits but my kids need me. We haven't sat down for dinner on a month together. We all argue all the time and they need me more than ever. I just hope this was the right choice. I know it is for my kids sake and I'm at peace with it but I still feel guilty for having to be on public assistance...
I have a dentist appointment today so I asked him yesterday if he could have his parents pick up the youngest from daycare and he threw a huge fit and said he hates me and to leave him alone. I've been civil we've been talking more about the kids..and all the sudden he was just so mean and cruel.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 19, 2017 at 10:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 10:14 AM
...I got nothing
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 10:20 AM
What do you mean?

Quoting Anonymous 2: ...I got nothing
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 10:30 AM
I just want some advice and reassurance...i have No one to talk to.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 10:30 AM
Aww! That’s awful what you have been through! Hugs!

Can’t your Dh work with his seizure disorder? He could get assistance to pay for a ride to work if needed. Then he could pay child support. Or is he not really sober yet? Does he get disability for his seizure disorder? If so, doesn’t the state require him to give some of his disability to his kids? Wouldn’t that pay for your Dd’s Childcare? Surely living in a sober house isn’t expensive. They usually have several people sharing expenses.

At any rate, I hope he starts to chip in at some point soon!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 10:35 AM
2 moms liked this

I'd have kept the job and ditched the cheating addict. That's just me though. I'd never quit a great job with great benefits. Public assistance shouldn't be a choice.Like oh I guess I'll quit my job and get PA. Jesus Christ. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 10:36 AM
Thank you. :( We've been fighting for disability for 3 years. I've questioned hiss sobriety many times but there's no way he could be using. They do random drug testing often and they have professionals that know that behavior so I don't know.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Aww! That’s awful what you have been through! Hugs!

Can’t your Dh work with his seizure disorder? He could get assistance to pay for a ride to work if needed. Then he could pay child support. Or is he not really sober yet? Does he get disability for his seizure disorder? If so, doesn’t the state require him to give some of his disability to his kids? Wouldn’t that pay for your Dd’s Childcare? Surely living in a sober house isn’t expensive. They usually have several people sharing expenses.

At any rate, I hope he starts to chip in at some point soon!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 10:37 AM
If you read my post you'd see that we aren't together nor does he live with us. We haven't even seen him in 3 weeks..he was ditched.. and unfortunately I'm not a troll..

Quoting Anonymous 4:

I'd have kept the job and ditched the cheating addict. That's just me though. I'd never quit a great job with great benefits. Public assistance shouldn't be a choice.Like oh I guess I'll quit my job and get PA. Jesus Christ. Your last sentence gave you away though. Troll, lol. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 10:41 AM
Get rid of the cheating addict. You sound like a responsible adult and a good mom. But the husband is going to ruin everyone’s life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 10:43 AM
I did. He's kicked out and we are officially separated. Been that way since the day I found out he cheated.

Quoting Anonymous 5: Get rid of the cheating addict. You sound like a responsible adult and a good mom. But the husband is going to ruin everyone’s life.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Oct. 19, 2017 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Nursing where you are must not pay what it does here if you’re willing to be on welfare instead.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)