Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's meals are cheap and have a lot of left overs?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this
Moving into my own place and need to learn how to make meals cheap and stretch them out. Any ideas?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 19, 2017 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MysticLove
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 12:38 PM

I like to make chicken breasts and shred them and use that over the next few days in different meals.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 12:39 PM

I'm a big fan of soup.  You can really stretch it out and bulk it up with all kinds of things. 

kajira
by Gold Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 12:39 PM

Rice can be made in large quantities, and you can use it for different meals - you can make it plain, then add butter, and flavoring to make it slightly different each day. It can work in tacos, soups, with meat and veggies, and you could even make it into fried rice with veggies/eggs etc another night.

We eat a lot of rice, but we like rice. We also eat a lot of meat. lol

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Oct. 19, 2017 at 12:39 PM

Spaghetti.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 12:39 PM
7 can soup.
TigressLily
by Gold Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 12:40 PM

Spaghetti

imyourPuppy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 12:40 PM
Soup, meatballs, mash potato, rice pilov, just in top of my head.
2babymomma
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 12:42 PM
Spaghetti
tmdteacher
by on Oct. 19, 2017 at 12:42 PM

I double most casseroles and freeze 1.2 for later. A favorite in my house is tater tot casserole. Spaghetti is also good.

meriana
by Silver Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 1:08 PM

My first thought was spaghetti but that's because when we make it, the end result is a roaster pan full and we eat it for nearly a week depending, of course, on how many people are around. I swear some of them have radar LOL

If you have a slow cooker, you can slice up a pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast, toss it a bit with 2 tablespoons of flour and 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning mix, (best to do it in the slow cooker), then cut up a green pepper and a red pepper and toss that in along with 1 cup of frozen corn (canned works just as well), and 1 1/2 cups of chunky salsa. Cover it and let it cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours. Serve it over cooked rice and add shredded cheese on top if you like.  It's really good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)