Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He's not interested in the baby

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 99 Replies
My boyfriend and I have a 6 month old daughter and he has only limited interest in her.

He comes over and holds her for a bit and even wants to play with her when she is older, but that is all. When she cries or fusses at all or is hungry he just gives her back to me and leaves.

He has tried changing a diaper one time, but that was it. He has not given her a bottle.

I've been trying to get him interested in the baby, even just a little. He wouldn't go to a parenting class with me when I was pregnant so he didn't learn the basics, but I'm willing to teach him.

Any ideas to try to get him more interested in her?

I know I'll be asked how old I am. I'm 17 and my boyfriend is 20.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 19, 2017 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 12:44 PM
Wow
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 12:44 PM
5 moms liked this
This is why children shouldn't have babies.
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 12:44 PM
You can't make or get him to be more interested, you just can't. He had to do it on his own.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

There's really nothing you can do.  You can't force or convince him.  He has to come around on his own.  Don't expect any big changes.  If a man can't even be bothered to change his own child's diaper... fuck him.  It's total bullshit.

He's not interested.  At all.  You need to understand that.

Lifeisajoy9
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 12:45 PM
Pretty much say this is your baby too love so here is a diaper and here is a bottle. I will be back in 1/2 hr.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 12:45 PM
Go to court for child support at least
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 12:45 PM
I was hoping he would by now.

Quoting ReedusStalker: You can't make or get him to be more interested, you just can't. He had to do it on his own.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry. Most 20 year old “boys” aren’t interested in babies. They’re interested in cars, playing basketball, and hanging with their friends. Many are interested in going to college or finding a career.
Babies having babies....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Are you the same person who posted yesterday about moving in with your boyfriend?
Geeez17
by Emerald Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 12:46 PM
This is something that has to come natural to him. There is not tips on how to get him interested in his dd.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)