Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I've lost my cat

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
My special needs cat is missing.

I rescued her three years ago when a feral female gave birth under my porch. When the litter got big enough to move on, she got left behind because she was deaf and visually impaired.

She does absolutely nothing but sit in my lap and purr. She is the most pleasant, most non-annoying cat I've ever known. She's strictly indoor, obviously, and I've constantly worried about her getting out. She's so vulnerable.

We were bringing in groceries and the door was open just a half second too long because she slipped out and by the time I got my groceries put down, I couldn't find her anywhere.

It's been two days and there's no way she has survived this long, I'm afraid. I honestly didn't expect to get attached, I'm not a cat person at all. But knowing she's out there suffering or lost has upset me more than I imagined it would.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 19, 2017 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 1:00 PM

Have you posted signs?  Posted on your local missing pets Facebook group?  Set out wet food for her?  A litter box?  You'd be surprised how resilient disabled animals are.  Don't give up hope!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 1:00 PM
I'm so sorry.
sandylanes270
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 1:00 PM
That's sad. Hopefully she microchipped in case she turns up at a shelter or vet's office. Just check the shelters every day, put food out and call her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 1:03 PM
I haven't posted signs, we live pretty rural, stray animals aren't popular around here. There used to be a lady who fed all the feral strays, and the county shut her down fast because it was just encoraging them to congregate and people started shooting them. I've left food out, but that just draws possums.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Have you posted signs?  Posted on your local missing pets Facebook group?  Set out wet food for her?  A litter box?  You'd be surprised how resilient disabled animals are.  Don't give up hope!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 1:05 PM
People generally shoot strays. No one's going to take her in to the vet. And calling her is pointless since she's deaf.
Quoting sandylanes270: That's sad. Hopefully she microchipped in case she turns up at a shelter or vet's office. Just check the shelters every day, put food out and call her.
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 1:06 PM

It's possible she hasn't gone far then. I would post signs at your local gas stop and grocery store.  I hope you find her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 1:06 PM

Put her litterbox outside. Supposedly they can smell it from a mile away. It might lure her back if she's still alive. Good luck. I hope she's ok.

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Oct. 19, 2017 at 1:07 PM
You would be surprised at how long a cat can survive on their own. Even a deaf and blind cat. Hopefully she will wander back soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 1:07 PM

Luckily, when cats get out that are exlusively indoor cats they don't ever go very far. Put her cat litter, food and water outside near the door or someplace else you can see most of the day if she smells it she'll come to it. Also, if your community has a FB page, join it and post her pic so other's know to look out for her. My community FB page members are really good at finding lost pets.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 1:07 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1: People generally shoot strays. No one's going to take her in to the vet. And calling her is pointless since she's deaf.
Quoting sandylanes270: That's sad. Hopefully she microchipped in case she turns up at a shelter or vet's office. Just check the shelters every day, put food out and call her.

I would take her to the vet if I found her. I'm sure there are some kind hearted people around your area.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)