Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BM isnt going to see SS on his birthday and she is freaking out!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

SS is turning 16. His birthday fell on a week off and it is also DHs week. We decided to take it as an oppurtunity to go on a trip. Nothing crazy but we are staying in a nice hotel in the city and we have a ton of fun things planned. 

The city is about 5 hours from home (but still in the same state so we dont need BMs permission or anything) 

Well SS and DH told her and she got mad. She said it is her right as a mother to see him on his birthday. That SS couldnt go or we had to bring him back on his birthday so she can see them

In the past she has come over to see him on his birthday and we didnt have an issue with that of course but this is different. 

SS told her to stop, that he was going and that they could skype/face time. DH even said she can come get dinner with us or something but she wont drive 10 hours to do it 

She stormed off. Now she is texting us all saying if we go she will call the police and that she is going to be taking it to court. I know she wont be able to do that but it is crazy. I understand that she is upset but why would she try to ruin SS' birthday? That just isnt okay. It isnt like she isnt going to still celebrate it with him (his bday is planned for the start of next month) 

We are still going to go and have fun. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 19, 2017 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 1:03 PM
3 moms liked this
Reason 2030 I'd never be with a guy who has kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I understand her wanting to see her son on his birthday but there have been alternatives.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 1:12 PM

Is there a flight she can take and take back?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 1:13 PM

Not that I know of. I doubt she could afford it anyway though 

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Is there a flight she can take and take back?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

hes 16 she needs to cut the umbilical cord. I didnt get to see my 3rd son on his 1st birthday and i didnt whine this much. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 1:15 PM
2 moms liked this
Bring a copy of the parenting plan just in case she files kidnapping charges.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

This is why you put it in the CO that the parent gets to alternate birthdays.  If it's his year with you, you do what you want.  If it's his year with her, she does.

Any parent can do a separate celebration not on the actual birthday.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Have your DH calmly take her aside and tell her to calm it, SS wants this and you are ruining it for him.

Maybe they can negotiate a few extra days or a weekend for her to make up for it.

mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on Oct. 19, 2017 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Children's birthdays aren't written into your CO? I thought that was standard.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 1:19 PM

Woooow y’all are just shitty shitty people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)