Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hurt my cat

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
And I feel terrible :(

I leaned the broom against the counter to use the dustpan and it fell over. The top of the handle is broken and it cut her face near her eye.

Nearly $500 in stitches and meds. My poor little kitty.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 19, 2017 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Oct. 19, 2017 at 2:37 PM

Awww.. poor kitty and kitty mama... It was an accident. It isn't like you planned it to happen. Cut yourself some slack. ( easier said than done..I know) 

My 11 year old climed onto the counter this morning to grab a mug for hot chocolate and as she was stepping onto the floor her 6 month old kitten ran under her feet. Nala got stepped on briefly and ran off. I told Lilly that Nala was going to be mad and she better apologize.. the cat wouldn't even look at her or acknowledge her existence until she got treats out to say she was sorry. LOL 

Accidents happen.. I would suggest getting a new broom that does not have a broken handle for the future though. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 2:40 PM

Metal broom?  ouch

Sans-Equanimity
by Closet Optimist on Oct. 19, 2017 at 2:46 PM
Poor kitty :( it was an accident though, don't beat yourself up
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 2:56 PM
Poor kitty and your dd

Quoting mcginnisc:

Awww.. poor kitty and kitty mama... It was an accident. It isn't like you planned it to happen. Cut yourself some slack. ( easier said than done..I know) 

My 11 year old climed onto the counter this morning to grab a mug for hot chocolate and as she was stepping onto the floor her 6 month old kitten ran under her feet. Nala got stepped on briefly and ran off. I told Lilly that Nala was going to be mad and she better apologize.. the cat wouldn't even look at her or acknowledge her existence until she got treats out to say she was sorry. LOL 

Accidents happen.. I would suggest getting a new broom that does not have a broken handle for the future though. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 2:56 PM

Mobile Photo

Yes :(

Quoting jas_momof2:

Metal broom?  ouch

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 3:03 PM

Aww :( 

Accidents are horrible...  I was ironing near my bed and my dog jumped up onto the bed.  I hear this singe and a yip...  He sniffed the hot iron.  He had a scar on his nose for the rest of his life.  I felt like dog poo... 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Mobile Photo

Yes :(
Quoting jas_momof2:

Metal broom?  ouch

left.drowning
by Fix Me on Oct. 19, 2017 at 3:17 PM
Can you duct tape the broom handle?

Poor kitty. She will be pissed for awhile.
3gr8tKids
by Platinum Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 3:21 PM

OUCH such a bummer all the way around. I wish your kitty a speedy recovery. Your wallet too!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 3:25 PM
I probably should have or just bought a darn broom! I'm attached to the height/weight of this one and just did the "eh it's fine the way it is" thing. Lol

Quoting left.drowning: Can you duct tape the broom handle?

Poor kitty. She will be pissed for awhile.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks

Quoting 3gr8tKids:

OUCH such a bummer all the way around. I wish your kitty a speedy recovery. Your wallet too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)