Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I admit to being jealous of the new gf

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
My exh and I haven't been separated very long (4 months). We were originally supposed to be working on our marriage but he met another woman a month after he moved out and immediately filed for divorce. It isn't even final yet and I just found out she moved into his place last weekend. I admit it I'm really jealous. I didn't want our marriage to end. We had some issues we needed to work through but I never imagined our marriage was actually over.
I'm devastated. And now when my kids go to see their Dad she is there and trying to be involved with them and bond with them. The kids are so confused. This has all happened so quickly. I don't think I've ever hurt this badly before.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 19, 2017 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 3:26 PM
Sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 3:27 PM

I'm sorry.  It's rough when they move on so quickly. 

Why did the marriage end?  What were the issues?

Quakercaoimhe
by on Oct. 19, 2017 at 3:28 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm sorry this has happened to you and your kids. But it really is a case of the trash taking itself out. You'll do so much better without him, even if it is incredibly difficult at present. Do you have a support system?

Leigh84
by Gold Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 3:29 PM
I’m sorry. I think it’s pretty shitty he’s already bringing her around the kids. Doesn’t sound like they could have been together that long.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 3:29 PM
That's messed up on his part. It's not fair to the kids to expose them to this woman so early into the split. If you have a lawyer I'd see if there is anything that can be done. It's not in the kids best interest to see dad with another woman so soon.
If he wants to date, so be it, but he needs to get his priorities straight and out his kids before his new flavor of the month.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 3:29 PM
He moved out because he felt we were in a rut and had stopped communicating effectively and our sex life was suffering. The original plan was for him to move out and take a month to month lease on a condo his friend owns and spend the time going to counseling both as a couple and individually. Which we did for a month. Then he suddenly decided he didn't want to anymore because he net someone else and then he filed for divorce.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 3:30 PM

Did you all have a dead bedroom?  How long were you married?

Quoting Anonymous 1: He moved out because he felt we were in a rut and had stopped communicating effectively and our sex life was suffering. The original plan was for him to move out and take a month to month lease on a condo his friend owns and spend the time going to counseling both as a couple and individually. Which we did for a month. Then he suddenly decided he didn't want to anymore because he net someone else and then he filed for divorce.
Quoting Anonymous 3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 3:31 PM
Not really. I only moved here because of him and all of my friends were HIS work friends. So it's all awkward and I'm pretty much on my own. I can't move home either because of the kids.

Quoting Quakercaoimhe:

I'm sorry this has happened to you and your kids. But it really is a case of the trash taking itself out. You'll do so much better without him, even if it is incredibly difficult at present. Do you have a support system?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this
well, being that you aren't divorced yet, that is adultery, and helps your case. I'd be sure the lawyer tacks that on and goes after him. You're better off without him. sorry. I'm potentially in a similar situation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 3:32 PM
I would say it was completely dead. But sex wasn't as frequent or as freaky" as he would have liked. Our youngest is only 7 months old (3 months when he moved out) so sex wasn't a huge priority for me.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Did you all have a dead bedroom?  How long were you married?

Quoting Anonymous 1: He moved out because he felt we were in a rut and had stopped communicating effectively and our sex life was suffering. The original plan was for him to move out and take a month to month lease on a condo his friend owns and spend the time going to counseling both as a couple and individually. Which we did for a month. Then he suddenly decided he didn't want to anymore because he net someone else and then he filed for divorce.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)