Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We've become a society of tattle tales

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I am SO sick of the way grown adults have turned into a bunch of big f***ing baby tattle tales. It seems like anymore, if someone wrongs us or pisses us off in ANY way, the first thing we do is jump on social media to "tell our story". Let's be honest- it's nothing more than tattling, (the same thing we're supposed to be teaching our young children not to do), but on a MUCH more massive scale because shit storms spread like wildfire on social media.

Then it goes to main steam media because of course they'd want to report on a grown person's temper tanrum, it's the MSM. Then everybody gets riled up, picks sides and the whole world loses their damn minds without even knowing all the facts. We just pick a side based on our political, religious or sexual affiliation and just spew off at the mouth without even caring if we're right because that's how sure we are that OUR SIDE is the "right side" and so that's all that matters.

Basically, my point is just that I hate our society sometimes and what we've allowed ourselves to become. If you take a step back and really look at things without all this righteous indignation, it's really quite shameful and embarrassing and frankly... hopeless.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 19, 2017 at 3:42 PM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 5:50 PM
I feel you 100%

Quoting Anonymous 13: I would like to fast forward out of this horrific time lol. I found myself being angrier than usual at things I've seen in the media and also on CM. Last week I was livid over an argument I had on here with someone. I told dh about it because it's just not me to feel anger rising up in me like that. This climate has a horrible effect on people and I just have to remind myself of who I am and not feed into the negativity.

Quoting OrangeBalloon:

Well I have kind of an odd take on that. We've never been a nation without flaws. We simply see certain time periods in the past as being great when really we had just come out of something really horrific. Women were being treated like crap in the 50s but for some reason that decade is seen as sort of a "salad days" time. Well were just coming down from WWII. And the 70s and 80s? Well we were getting over Vietnam. Look at almost every "good" time period in our national history and if you really think about it, we were seeing it through rose colored glasses because we had just been through something awful. 

Quoting Anonymous 13: I wonder if anyone actually wants America to be better. For people to not be so hateful and be at the throats of those who don't agree with. What's the end-game here? Do we just growing more vengeful and uncaring? Things are going downhill in America fast!

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Oct. 19, 2017 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I agree! I really think people could toughen up a bit.
Titanium
by Silver Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 6:00 PM
All those social media platforms are choices. I choose not to be on fb, Twitter etc and live a nice drama free life :) I don't get into arguments on here and try not to feed trolls.
It's not because someone writes something that I have to read it
PJMM
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 6:03 PM
Not at all. We're all to blame. That's why i said liberals don't have the monopoly on tantrums. Both sides have them. It just seems like from what I've read here the liberals are not complaining. It's the conservatives complaining about the liberals. What everyone really needs to do is stfu, realize the fucking boat is sinking and start bailing- together.

Quoting Anonymous 7: This is response, oh the irony. The country is divided but you putting blame on someone else. Playing the victim.
Quoting PJMM: I agree. I'm laughing at people on here complaining about liberals. 1. We don't have the monopoly on tantrums. 2. The conservatives are complaining more than the liberals they complain about. This country is too divided and like the song says everyone says mostly hooray for our side.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 6:10 PM
I mind my own business. Unless you do something that directly involves me or my kids, I don't care.
No car seat. Not my problem.
People using FS? None of my business.
Neighbors smoking weed? So what.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 6:13 PM
It's whining

Quoting Anonymous 2: Freedom of speech is such a bitch? Whatev's
.MiaBella.
by Mia on Oct. 19, 2017 at 8:01 PM

I agree with you.

Manic_Sinner
by 5/27/2018🤰🏽 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 8:03 PM
This I agree with. It’s fucking annoying. Social media annoys the hell out of me now.
Sister_Someone
by Rachel on Oct. 19, 2017 at 8:13 PM

As opposed to what? Keeping quiet and letting assholes continue their behavior? Yeah, hell no. If you don't want to be dragged on social media for something you did to someone, that's easy to do. Don't fucking be an asshole to people and you won't have that problem in the first place.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 8:15 PM
Yup..bunch of pansies and then if they really get their panties in a bunch..they force new and stupid laws or lawsuits down our throats.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)