Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This really sucks

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies
Rarly do i get time away from my kids.

Ive been just causally dating. Online dating. I snagged a babysitter for tonight and my date fucking cancels. I have 2 hours to find a date. It isn't going so well.
I don't have the money to go out myself plus i don't find that fun.

Edit.

My date already said he'd take care of the bill AND pick me up.

I do not have the money for a taxi or Uber to and from a place
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 19, 2017 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

My guess is that your date just dodged a bullet.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I would get a book and grab a coffee by myself
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:00 PM

You assumed your date would pay?

It's the year 2017. This is no longer an assumption in the dating world, FYI. Don't go out on a date until you are able to afford to pay for yourself to avoid serious embarrassment!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:01 PM

Pretty presumptuous that an online date will pay your way.  Never assume that will happen.  

Olioxenfree
by Gold Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:01 PM
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:03 PM
This.
If it were me, I'd get some take out and watch a movie and enjoy the time.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

It's the year 2017. This is no longer an assumption in the dating world, FYI. Don't go out on a date until you are able to afford to pay for yourself to avoid serious embarrassment!!

Oliviasmom72
by Gold Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry but a guy should always pay for the first date. I havent been on a date in a long time where a guy didnt.

A first date esp blind should be brief and just entail coffee or a drink. If a guy is too cheap to pay for that hes not worth my time.

OP-if money is that tight just cancel the sitter. Blow this guy off. Unless its an emergency he shouldnt have cancelled. That means he is probably not interested.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

HoneyedMacabre
by Bronze Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:05 PM

This was my first thought.  You shouldn't go out at all if you dont have the money to cover it yourself, even if the guy does end up offering to pay.

On first dates I would ALWAYS pay half anyway, if it was from a dating site and someone wasnt asking me out in a traditional manner.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:06 PM
So you will date anyone as long as they pay ? İf you have a babysitter and no date then stay home and just enjoy an evening of peace and quiet. A date shouldn't be just about getting a free night out.İf you just use men for a free meal or night on the town then İ feel bad for them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:06 PM

Umm, why would she assume he wouldn't pay on the first date? I'd accept nothing less. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)