Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

White lies your parents told you

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:35 PM
  • 70 Replies
As a kid. What do you remember ?

I remember my parents always telling me if I didn't finish my veggies that I'd get pimples on my butt lol.

Anytime I wanted mcdonalds (other than on a road trip), they always told me it was closed lol.

My mom told me she had eyes at the back of her head...I believed her about that until I was like 10! Haha

If I didn't go to sleep she would call the police and I would have to sleep in jail.

Oh parents!
by on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
They sound slightly sadistic.
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:38 PM
My mom said I couldn’t have Dominos because the teen drivers were too reckless lol

It’s really because she didn’t want to patronize the company. It’s founder is a pro-life pusher.
Zaichik90
by Silver Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol nah they're just Russian 🤣

Quoting Anonymous 1: They sound slightly sadistic.
jessicalynnle
by Silver Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this

My parents used to use white lies for everything, it sucked

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:42 PM
6 moms liked this

So many

My mother was a genius: She told us that brown M&M'S were only for adults, so whenever we encountered a brown M&M we would give it to her.

My dad convinced me it was illegal to play with a toy or game if you were not in the recommended age groups. For example, if it said, 'for ages seven and up' and I was six, then it was illegal for me to play with it

Me and my brothers used to squabble loads, so on long car journeys my mom used to threaten us with the ‘ejector seat’ button. It never failed to shock us into nervous silence, and it was only when I was in my teens that the idea of children being flung out of cars seemed ridiculous

My mother once told me not to swallow apple seeds because a tree would grow in my stomach. I actually believed her for a while

My parents told us that on Christmas morning, if we looked or touched our presents before 7am then magic would make them disappear and we wouldn't get them. I believed this for far too long and even after I knew, I was still nervous to touch them in case they disappeared

My mom had me believe that she was 21 for the longest time, so when I was around 10 I asked 'when are you going to turn 22

Remember back in the '90s when the Gap had mannequins with no faces? Well, my parents used to tell my sister and I that if we misbehaved in the mall we would end up as one of the Gap kids with no faces.

My dad told me that I could not get a sundae because they were only sold on Sundays

My mom told me that if I get angry I will get old. Then she pointed at an old lady and said 'look at her, last week she was just the same age as you and now she’s 70 years old', so I held my anger in FOR YEARS

Whenever my mom would fart she would blame it on the ants in the house AND I BELIEVED HER.

When I was about six, I was obsessed with the song "Believe" by Cher and I would have it on repeat for hours at a time. We would drive nine hours from Washington to Idaho to visit family and as soon as we crossed the state line my mother would immediately change my CD to radio and tell me it was illegal to listen to anything but country music in Idaho – which I hated but she loved. I believed that shit until I was about 13

bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:42 PM
I don’t think they ever lied to me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:43 PM

I can't really think of anything other than my parents freaking out about marijuana.  They were adamant that me or my brother never try it or they'd bust our asses.  They scared me so badly I didn't try it until college.  Turns out my dad smoked like a chimney during the 70s.

Olioxenfree
by Gold Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:53 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't remember my parents lying to me about anything. My grandfather on the otherhand, basically if I did anything bad I'd have one of a thousand Japanese demons who all specified in something coming to eat me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:56 PM
2 moms liked this
My sister and I were both very large chested as teens.
Neither of us were particularly happy about it. You can imagine why.
My mom told us both that if we let anyone (boys) touch or play with our breasts, they'd grow even bigger.
We both believed her for a while.
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 4:58 PM
Your parents are awesome lol

Quoting Anonymous 2:

So many

My mother was a genius: She told us that brown M&M'S were only for adults, so whenever we encountered a brown M&M we would give it to her.

My dad convinced me it was illegal to play with a toy or game if you were not in the recommended age groups. For example, if it said, 'for ages seven and up' and I was six, then it was illegal for me to play with it

Me and my brothers used to squabble loads, so on long car journeys my mom used to threaten us with the ‘ejector seat’ button. It never failed to shock us into nervous silence, and it was only when I was in my teens that the idea of children being flung out of cars seemed ridiculous

My mother once told me not to swallow apple seeds because a tree would grow in my stomach. I actually believed her for a while

My parents told us that on Christmas morning, if we looked or touched our presents before 7am then magic would make them disappear and we wouldn't get them. I believed this for far too long and even after I knew, I was still nervous to touch them in case they disappeared

My mom had me believe that she was 21 for the longest time, so when I was around 10 I asked 'when are you going to turn 22

Remember back in the '90s when the Gap had mannequins with no faces? Well, my parents used to tell my sister and I that if we misbehaved in the mall we would end up as one of the Gap kids with no faces.

My dad told me that I could not get a sundae because they were only sold on Sundays

My mom told me that if I get angry I will get old. Then she pointed at an old lady and said 'look at her, last week she was just the same age as you and now she’s 70 years old', so I held my anger in FOR YEARS

Whenever my mom would fart she would blame it on the ants in the house AND I BELIEVED HER.

When I was about six, I was obsessed with the song "Believe" by Cher and I would have it on repeat for hours at a time. We would drive nine hours from Washington to Idaho to visit family and as soon as we crossed the state line my mother would immediately change my CD to radio and tell me it was illegal to listen to anything but country music in Idaho – which I hated but she loved. I believed that shit until I was about 13

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)