Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tricks to get into university

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 210 Replies
So mu senior daughter is applying to multiple nursing programs. Unfortunately it is very difficult to get into these programs. For example if the 2000 students that will apply to salve Regina 400 will be accepted.

However, if you're male your chances of getting in go up 60% just for having a penis.

Well after leaving UConn today and being told again that males have a much easier time getting in, I said to my daughter....maybe you should apply as a male. And tell them you identify as a man.

I mean, what the hell right? It's kind of the "in" thing right now.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 19, 2017 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 7:03 PM
3 moms liked this
Troll. No one calls it university in the US. We refer to it as college.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 7:04 PM
I do. But I'm also not originally from the U.S..

And she's not looking at colleges she's looking at university.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Troll. No one calls it university in the US. We refer to it as college.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 7:05 PM
11 moms liked this
if she can't get in on her own merits, she doesn't deserve to be in the program.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 19, 2017 at 7:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Eh. I say university here and there.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Troll. No one calls it university in the US. We refer to it as college.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 7:06 PM
Many kids won t get in on their own merits as there just isn't enough room.

Quoting Anonymous 3: if she can't get in on her own merits, she doesn't deserve to be in the program.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 7:09 PM
5 moms liked this
Not everyone gets in, it's not a right. There is a reason those programs are competitive.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Many kids won t get in on their own merits as there just isn't enough room.

Quoting Anonymous 3: if she can't get in on her own merits, she doesn't deserve to be in the program.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 7:10 PM
Right, however even kids who have done everything they can won t get in because it's a space problem

So you have to do things to set yourself aside.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Not everyone gets in, it's not a right. There is a reason those programs are competitive.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Many kids won t get in on their own merits as there just isn't enough room.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 7:11 PM
4 moms liked this
Scoring high on the prerequisites would help her too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 7:11 PM
I call it university.

mom2devin11005
by Silver Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 7:12 PM
6 moms liked this
I would say have her apply to the University of her choice as an undeclared major... take a biology or medical terminology class to make sure she wants to pursue nursing making sure she has amazing grades in all her classes and have her talk to an advisor about her interest if she is still interested after the first year and find out what she needs to do to be qualified for the program
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)