Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you cared so much about your cats, you should keep them INSIDE!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
My dd and I just had a run in with our drug-dealing, crazy old neighbor. Grr. This lady is one of the main reasons I want to move.
When we first moved into our quiet, double culdesac street, living next door to a police dispatcher, I thought we'd be good. Nope. Found out in the other circle is a drug dealer, that the cops know about but won't arrest. That explained why we had so many guys walking down our street going to her house. Anyways, we are making plan to move.
Well, this lady is the BIGGEST contributor to the constant supply of cats on our street. She never has them fixed, so they mate all the time, which also attracts stray cats because there's alway cat food outside.
To tell you how many she has, not quite a year ago several of them had litters around the same time. There are kittens everywhere. And dead ones all the time on our street. She apparently saw one of the other neighbors purposely run over one of the kittens, so she decided to bring them inside. Whether he did or not, I don't know. But where her house is positioned, if you take the little street that only has one house to get to our street, if you don't take a left or right, you're right in her driveway. So her cats are all over the street where both circles of traffic drive.
Anyway, when she gathered them all up, she counted 25.
Fast forward to today, they're all back outside.
My dd and I were taking our three dogs for a walk, all on leashes as per city law. We turned around just after her house because there were people unloading stuff from their trucks in the street. Her dog started barking at us from her back yard. Ours took notice and so did we. We spent maybe a minute talking about how cute it was then turned to leave. She had come out and said something but I couldn't understand so I said what. She said that I was letting my dogs get her cats. There were cats around, but all in the yard up by the house, not a single one within 30 or soo foot of us.
So I looked around, moving my hands around us, and hollered back "What cats?"
She went inside.
I cannot wait to move!!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 19, 2017 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 7:48 PM
Bump
Tinse
by Crazy Bird Lady on Oct. 19, 2017 at 7:54 PM

Isn't there animal control in your town?  It's illegal where we live for anyone to own more than two cats and two dogs.

Your neighbour is completely irresponsible.  Sounds as if she's a cat hoarder.

I don't blame you for moving away.  I wouldn't want to be near all those cats, either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 7:59 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure about our state. I know we can have way more than two. There was a lady that came by who was working for the human society and was offering to have them fixed, but was going to bring them all right back to her. But I don't know if she ever followed thru. So someone else knew.
I just wish we had stricter laws here. In my city, you can have small farm animals. I don't really care what you have until they start pooping in my yard and peeing on my house, which happens a lot.

Quoting Tinse:

Isn't there animal control in your town?  It's illegal where we live for anyone to own more than two cats and two dogs.

Your neighbour is completely irresponsible.  Sounds as if she's a cat hoarder.

I don't blame you for moving away.  I wouldn't want to be near all those cats, either.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 8:04 PM
I would call 911 every single time I saw strangers buying drugs from her house. I would become such a pita, the police would arrest her just to shut me up. I would call animal control everday. Look up your local laws and keep reporting until they do something.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)