Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No I don't want your parents here.

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2017 at 9:12 PM
  • 34 Replies
DH's parents have been to our house for Christmas the past 2 years. They live 24 hours away and come to see our kids mostly I think. Last year my BIL lived nearby so they invited him to our house and didn't bother to ask me, just told him to come on over and bring his toddler son (so they could see all the grandkids). I get it, but ask first? In any case, they apparently planned to come again this year with DH. No one asked, said shit. I heard them tell DS in the phone that they were coming, so I asked DH when that was planned and he went off on me for having a "bad attitude". It's true, I don't like hosting people. I have a 3 y/o that destroys my house constantly. He has drawn on my walls, my table, my chairs. It's embarrassing to me, but also there are nights I want to leave the dishes in the sink and laundry on the floor and when you have company, you really can't. My BIL lives with them now, so it will be the 3 of them, I'm assuming the toddler son as well. We have no extra bedrooms, last time they slept on my couch and on air mattresses. Yes I'm being a bitch but I just don't want them here and I'm sick of nobody asking me.
by on Oct. 19, 2017 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 9:14 PM
3 moms liked this

Honestly, quit being so lazy.

Who leaves laundry on the floor?  Like - ever?  Dishes in the sink, yeah, not a huge deal - but when you have a lot of people, I've found dishes after every meal is much easier.

And teach your kid not to destroy shit.  Reallty no excuse for that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 9:17 PM
It's not just your husband's home. Your in-laws were rude to invite themsrlves.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 9:17 PM
They can get a hotel. You can visit with them during the day.
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 9:19 PM
2 moms liked this

dont do anything for them.dh wants them there-let him wait on them and entertain them..

Anonymous052386
by Silver Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 9:20 PM
The first year they came was during my college finals and I was stressed to the max. DH does not clean after them, cook for them, make sure they have linens, blankets, etc. That is all on me. And I'm fucking sick of being stressed out at Christmas.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It's not just your husband's home. Your in-laws were rude to invite themsrlves.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Your husband is being a butt. They're his guests. He should be the one taking care of them.

Quoting Anonymous052386: The first year they came was during my college finals and I was stressed to the max. DH does not clean after them, cook for them, make sure they have linens, blankets, etc. That is all on me. And I'm fucking sick of being stressed out at Christmas.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It's not just your husband's home. Your in-laws were rude to invite themsrlves.
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

tell him you arent doing a damn thing for them..

Quoting Anonymous052386: The first year they came was during my college finals and I was stressed to the max. DH does not clean after them, cook for them, make sure they have linens, blankets, etc. That is all on me. And I'm fucking sick of being stressed out at Christmas.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 9:23 PM
2 moms liked this
Grow up and act like a responsible parent.
It's not just your house it's not all about YOU!
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Oct. 19, 2017 at 9:23 PM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't want them there either. But there is some shit you just got to do for your husband. And get a hold of your kids. Stop letting them trash your house.
Mrs.Opinionated
by BigMouthBabe😘 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Yuck. That does suck. I understand. I hate hosting unless it’s my idea and I don’t want to always see others on holidays. It’s selfish, I’m selfish, but it makes me hate the holidays when I have no control over it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)