Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugg I felt so sad for this little girl at the school book fair today.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 91 Replies

So today was one of the day of the school book fair at my daughters school.  I was volunteering and my daughters class came down to get things.  Out of the whole class of 20 kids 1 little girl my daughters friend couldn't get anything.  I felt so bad for her and wish I was carrying cash on me to give to her.  She said that she felt like she was being left out again since her family doesn't celebrate any holidays so she feels kind of awkward at school parties while the other kids have fun.  I just felt bad for her there really is no point to this.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 19, 2017 at 11:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 19, 2017 at 11:49 PM

I hate when that happens. I always take extra money with me when I volunteer at the schools. 

Ms_Smock
by Gold Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 11:49 PM
Does the whole class go? I didn't know that I feel bad now I didn't give my kids any money
Ms_Smock
by Gold Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 11:50 PM
Where I went to school you just went to if you had your parents put money in the envelope for you
Quakercaoimhe
by Esperantisto on Oct. 19, 2017 at 11:50 PM

That is sad. Book fairs are the best. I wonder why the parents don't at least celebrate fun days in secular ways though? 

Kyndall30
by Gold Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 11:52 PM
Poor kid.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 11:52 PM
Aww.
I volunteered at every book fair (twice a year) when ds was in K-5th grades. I'd always take cash with me to help a kid out. Our teachers each got a couple of free book passes to pass out to kids in their class that couldn't afford a book otherwise. So usually every kid got at least one book.
Room2Breathe
by Silver Member on Oct. 19, 2017 at 11:53 PM
Aw, poor thing!! I always send money with my son and he usually buys something for me as a thank you. Usually a bookmark. Last year he spent all his money so he made me a thank you card.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 19, 2017 at 11:55 PM

They did because they were passing by when they were coming back from a special.

Quoting Ms_Smock: Does the whole class go? I didn't know that I feel bad now I didn't give my kids any money

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 11:55 PM
3 moms liked this
I tell my kids they don't have to participate in everything their school do. I refuse to pay for over priced book at book fair, when I can get them the same book elsewhere cheaper. Yes i one of those parent that don't always give money for book fair. I also don't participate in those candle sale. I send my kids to achool to learn not to sale.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 19, 2017 at 11:55 PM
At our school the kids go look at the books and make a wish list. Then if their parents send money for them they get a chance to go back and get books another day.

Quoting Ms_Smock: Does the whole class go? I didn't know that I feel bad now I didn't give my kids any money
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)