Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This close to losing my sh** at the gym!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
I'm a member of a boot camp style gym. I go 6 days a week, 2-4 classes per day. This gym has started a contest recently. They've requested members to be extra helpful and motivating to each other. Also to be active with giving updates and posting on their social media page. I hate this contest. People have become annoying and fake. It's driving me fucking insane! I miss the days where the members were genuine and motivating just because they felt like it.

Today though some bitch took my annoyance to a whole other level. I was put into a group with this nut case who is trying WAY too hard to win the dumb contest. At our first stations, we were doing back and forth jumps. She started shouting at me to jump faster. The crazy part is I was jumping faster than she was!! It wasn't a huge deal. I actively ignored her shrill screams.

At the next station we were using cable weights. I barely had time to chose my weights when this nut says "Let me help you adjust your machine". She lowers it for me, I say "thanks" in the kindest, least annoyed voice I can muster... And then she did something that made me see red. She says "These weights are too heavy for you. Here, I'll just lower it". And she fucking pulled my pin and dropped my weights by 2 notches!!! What the FUCK?! I immediately put the pin back to where it was and said "Naw man, I'm good with heavy" and did my workout. I was seething with rage! Then, she says "Remember to keep your arms straight". I said "dude, this is the third time I've don't this routine today. I'm good. I really don't need your help".

Through the rest of the workout I avoided her like the plague. I almost lost it. I was so SO insulted. Who the fuck messes with another bitches weights like that?! Gah! Am I over reacting? Would you be ok with this?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2017 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 12:10 AM
3 moms liked this
Lay off the 'roids
Kyndall30
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 12:11 AM
2 moms liked this
How the hell do you have time to go to the gym for 2-4 classes a day six days a week????

I'm not asking to be snarky, I'm asking because I'm jealous. I'm lucky if I can get a good hour-long workout every other day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 12:11 AM
1st world problems
QUEENGLITTER
by on Oct. 20, 2017 at 12:13 AM

This is a nightmare for those who like personal space and heaven for those who love to micro manage. I would have snapped and been gone lmao!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 20, 2017 at 12:15 AM
Classes are only 35 mins. I do 2 classes starting at 5:30 am, get home in time to wake the kids and get them off to school. My youngest is in preschool so I pick her up at 11:15, bring her a packed lunch and her toy bag and bring her to the lunch hour gym session. There's a waiting area and kids are welcome to chill there while parents work out. I can see her the entire time. She eats her lunch and plays while I do another double class.

Quoting Kyndall30: How the hell do you have time to go to the gym for 2-4 classes a day six days a week????

I'm not asking to be snarky, I'm asking because I'm jealous. I'm lucky if I can get a good hour-long workout every other day.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 12:15 AM

I think you're overreacting. She was overstepping, but it's an annoyance, not an outrage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 12:16 AM
You're crazy.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Classes are only 35 mins. I do 2 classes starting at 5:30 am, get home in time to wake the kids and get them off to school. My youngest is in preschool so I pick her up at 11:15, bring her a packed lunch and her toy bag and bring her to the lunch hour gym session. There's a waiting area and kids are welcome to chill there while parents work out. I can see her the entire time. She eats her lunch and plays while I do another double class.

Quoting Kyndall30: How the hell do you have time to go to the gym for 2-4 classes a day six days a week????

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 20, 2017 at 12:17 AM
I know, right?! I love my space. I don't like people. Well, that's not true. I like people just fine so long as they're not shrilly yellin and touching my weights! Seriously though! Who does that?!

Quoting QUEENGLITTER:

This is a nightmare for those who like personal space and heaven for those who love to micro manage. I would have snapped and been gone lmao!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 12:18 AM
This.

Quoting B1Bomber:

I think you're overreacting. She was overstepping, but it's an annoyance, not an outrage.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 12:18 AM
You have issues.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)