Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 9 year old just asked me is this billboard statement true?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

Mobile Photo

Thoughts?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2017 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-DancingQueen-
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 8:00 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't know if that number would be exact, but yes, there probably would have been savings, both on pain medications and appetite stimulants, as well as anti-seizure medications.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I would say I have no idea since I have no firsthand knowledge of Medicaid’s budget, nor have I done any research on marijuana. I’d advise my child that everything you read on a billboard, or other places, may not be true.
desertlvn
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 8:07 AM
I'd think it would have been a shift in where the money went. Medical marijuana products are expensive! My mom uses them legally for her neurological disease and it isn't cheap. I hope that one day insurance will cover it. It is literally the only thing hat keeps her pain at ease.
bnj03
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 8:09 AM
I know with the legality of cbd oil it has saved me personally $200-300 a month on my medications alone and having to go through Botox which was $4000 every 3 months. I pay 4.14 for Topamax and $37 for a jar of cbd oil. I was on 8 different medications. I no longer have the shakes, my migraines are lesser and my body aches are less. I have chronic migraines, neuropathy in both legs and left arm, degenerative disc in my neck and fibromyalgia.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 8:11 AM
Wow. That's amazing.

Quoting bnj03: I know with the legality of cbd oil it has saved me personally $200-300 a month on my medications alone and having to go through Botox which was $4000 every 3 months. I pay 4.14 for Topamax and $37 for a jar of cbd oil. I was on 8 different medications. I no longer have the shakes, my migraines are lesser and my body aches are less. I have chronic migraines, neuropathy in both legs and left arm, degenerative disc in my neck and fibromyalgia.
bnj03
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes they are right now I buy the lowest cbd oil I can for $37 a jar. The one that would benefit me the most if $300 a jar.

Quoting desertlvn: I'd think it would have been a shift in where the money went. Medical marijuana products are expensive! My mom uses them legally for her neurological disease and it isn't cheap. I hope that one day insurance will cover it. It is literally the only thing hat keeps her pain at ease.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 8:13 AM

I have no idea what the numbers are but I'm sure its on the right track
Marijuana and its derivitaves (cannabis oil etc) can be used in place of really expensive medications for things like epilepsy, anxiety, depression, parkinsons, MS and a whole list of other diseases
Its also used for cancer patients to make them more comfortable, much cheaper than prescription drugs

Seems legit to me

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 8:15 AM
I can see that being true. There's a shit ton of money between politics and pharmaceutical companies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 8:16 AM

None of us would know the exact amount of money that could have been saved, but the general statement is absolutely true and correct.  PLUS if it were legal it would be taxed and all those billions of newly generated tax dollars would help each state.  a no brainer as far as I'm concerned

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 8:16 AM
Are you most concerned about legalizing marijuana and can't explain it to your child?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)