Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you attend another person's birthday party on the same day as your birthday?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies

I have two friends.  One (Kim) is having a birthday party on Saturday (her birthday is actually today).  My other friend's (Jill) birthday is Saturday, the day of the party.

I asked Jill if she was going to Kim's party.  She said, "I'm not sure, that's my birthday, so we are probably going to celebrate it."  To celebrate - that means she and her husband going out to dinner.

Is it really important to you to celebrate your birthday on the actual day?  If it was me, I would go to the party and go out to dinner with dh on a later date.  

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2017 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dragonblue
by Resident Psychic on Oct. 20, 2017 at 8:47 AM
4 moms liked this
I'd rather go to dinner with my husband than an adult birthday party. Unless it's a milestone birthday.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I’d rather go out with my husband. A true friend would understand that.
K3412
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 8:48 AM
2 moms liked this
I would do what I wanted to celebrate my own birthday before I celebrated someone else's birthday on the same day. It's okay to put yourself first sometimes.
maybebaby2018
by Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

So, i struggle with this, because my sister-in-laws birthday is just a few days before mine. She always plans a party for her birthday and completely disregards my birthday and any plans we may already have..usually, once my husband mentions it, she says "oh, we can celebrate her birthday at my party too." This doesnt happen. Last year, the cake had her name only. This year, i was turning 30, and i told my husband up front, I'm not sharing my birthday with your sister this year. We made plans to go on a beach weekend together to celebrate.. SIL threw her usual cook-out, invited us. My husband said, we won't be coming, i am taking Sarah (me) to the beach for her birthday.. Cue fit from SIL.. so, yeah its a super tough situation to be in..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I think adult birthdays shouldn't be a big deal.
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Oct. 20, 2017 at 8:49 AM

I'd rather go out with my husband as I don't really celebrate adult birthdays- even my own..

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 8:50 AM
I would go out with my husband. The only birthdays I go to are kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 8:50 AM
I would be going to my friend's celebration as well, no reason both can't be done in the same day. However, chances are we would have been celebrating together as that is what my one friend and I used to do until we both had to move away from each other because of the army.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I have two friends.  One (Kim) is having a birthday party on Saturday (her birthday is actually today).  My other friend's (Jill) birthday is Saturday, the day of the party.

I asked Jill if she was going to Kim's party.  She said, "I'm not sure, that's my birthday, so we are probably going to celebrate it."  To celebrate - that means she and her husband going out to dinner.

Is it really important to you to celebrate your birthday on the actual day?  If it was me, I would go to the party and go out to dinner with dh on a later date.  

Momtoone07
by Emerald Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 8:52 AM
Haha My birthday is always being celebrated by others. I would most certainly go to the party.
highlandmum
by Spunky on Oct. 20, 2017 at 8:52 AM

No, my birthday is Christmas Day, so unless I am going there to celebrate Christmas I am not going.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)