Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

12 yo wants to have sex

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 322 Replies
1 mom liked this
My 12 yo niece and I are very close, we talk about everything

She told me that she was planning on having sex with her boyfriend. I encouraged her not to, but she just kept saying it was her choice. I was so bothered by it but I told my sister, normally I keep her secrets, but not this

Well, I told my sister, and she knew (she reads their texts) in fact, she said she had made an appointment to put my niece on birth control without even talking to her about the issue

I didn't say anything, but I must've made a face, because my sister started telling me that she can't control her daughters every move, that if they want to have sex, they are going to have sex, and there's not much she can do to stop it.

Then she said to mind my own business. I said, if you hadn't read the texts, wouldn't you want to know?

Wtf?!? I agree that you can't completely control your kids, and if she was 16 or 17 I might buy into that thought process, but to put a 12-year-old on birth control because you know she's considering having sex is pretty much giving consent

Am I crazy?? How would you handle the situation?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2017 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 1:08 PM
13 moms liked this
Better than having a pregnant 12 year old.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 1:09 PM
8 moms liked this
IDK I'm kinda with her, as much as I hate the entire thing. She is right she can't watch the kids every move, and she knows her intentions. Would you rather have a 12yo pregnant niece?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 1:09 PM
19 moms liked this
My children are not allowed to date till they are 16. IMO that was mom's first mistake letting her daughter date so young.
mama2KiraEthan
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 1:09 PM
18 moms liked this

That is why my children are not allowed to be alone with anyone of the opposite sex; this goes for my daughter and my son.  If that was my 12 year old, I'd make sure they were always with an adult. There is now way that I'd be allowing my kid to have sex at that age. Heck, I'd hope from me being a young parent that my kids would wait until they are in their twenties.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 1:10 PM
24 moms liked this

HOLY SHIT!  My kids were just learning what sex was at 12.  

It is against the law so I hope your niece realizes it could get her boyfriend put in jail and what the fuck is a 12yr old doing without adult supervision, or even having a boyfriend in the first place.  So much is wrong here.  

mamaracheli
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this
12??? Oh my gosh. That’s just sad.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 1:10 PM
8 moms liked this
Who lets a 12 yr old have a boyfriend??
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 20, 2017 at 1:11 PM
4 moms liked this
I hate when people breed instead of parent.....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 1:12 PM
2 moms liked this
That's insane but at least the child is being somewhat proactive and mom is being smart. Kids can sneak off at school and be alone there is really no way to prevent it completely. Mom is really in a tough spot but at least she isn't burying her head in the sand.
blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 1:12 PM
9 moms liked this
I would put my kid on birth control too. Also I would show them pictures of people with STD’s and birthing videos.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)