Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't want him involved. Update

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies
My sons birthday is next month near Thanksgiving. Mil just started dating some guy. Just like moved him in one day without telling anyone. I know it's her business and choice, but she has bad history with men and a minor dd so I feel she was wrong to do this.

I do not want this guy at my house for my sons birthday. I don't leave my kids over there. I haven't in a while, but now it's just no. Am I wrong for not wanting some random man at my house?

Update. They broke up and he moved out. I knew it wouldn't last long
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 20, 2017 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 1:21 PM
We've been through this a lot with my mother in law and her parade of men. Honestly, it's usually not worth throwing a fit over. Unless there's so definite reason you don't want him there, you don't really have much to stand on. Either way, you're going to risk not having your mil there either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 20, 2017 at 1:23 PM
I'm not comfortable with it. The last guy she dated was on drugs and their power and gas got shut off because of hin

Quoting Anonymous 2: We've been through this a lot with my mother in law and her parade of men. Honestly, it's usually not worth throwing a fit over. Unless there's so definite reason you don't want him there, you don't really have much to stand on. Either way, you're going to risk not having your mil there either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this
You are making a lot of assumptions about this new person, but ultimately it's up to your and your partner who you allow into your home. How does your partner feel about it?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm not comfortable with it. The last guy she dated was on drugs and their power and gas got shut off because of hin

Quoting Anonymous 2: We've been through this a lot with my mother in law and her parade of men. Honestly, it's usually not worth throwing a fit over. Unless there's so definite reason you don't want him there, you don't really have much to stand on. Either way, you're going to risk not having your mil there either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 20, 2017 at 1:25 PM

You're not wrong and anyone who would just throw in the towel and let their family, including minor children, be around random people unsupervised is not very smart.  Your MIL is making it clear her latest bed buddy matters more than her family.

happinessforyou
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 1:26 PM

Because of him? Could she not drive herself down to pay that bill? Or not log in and pay online? I work at a utility company and yes, some of the nicest people get shut off for a variety of reasons.  If this guy hasn't done anything, he might be the better person here with the way you described her....

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm not comfortable with it. The last guy she dated was on drugs and their power and gas got shut off because of hin

LuvHugs429
by Silver Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 1:28 PM

If you MIL just started dating him I don't see anything wrong with it. Eventually he will have to be invited. After my MIL divorced my FIL for another man and he started coming over for Holiday none of us kids were happy but now they have been together for 3 years. We still don't like him but we have to learn to deal with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 20, 2017 at 1:28 PM
I'm not making assumptions, I stated I'm not comfortable with him being in my house.

Quoting Anonymous 2: You are making a lot of assumptions about this new person, but ultimately it's up to your and your partner who you allow into your home. How does your partner feel about it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 20, 2017 at 1:29 PM
She used the money for drugs. She was doing them too.

Quoting happinessforyou:

Because of him? Could she not drive herself down to pay that bill? Or not log in and pay online? I work at a utility company and yes, some of the nicest people get shut off for a variety of reasons.  If this guy hasn't done anything, he might be the better person here with the way you described her....

happinessforyou
by Platinum Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 2:00 PM

Well then just say your MIL is a crack head and you don't want her near your home. :)

Quoting Anonymous 1: She used the money for drugs. She was doing them too.
Quoting happinessforyou:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 20, 2017 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this
That would definitely be different but they only been together for like 2 weeks

Quoting LuvHugs429:

If you MIL just started dating him I don't see anything wrong with it. Eventually he will have to be invited. After my MIL divorced my FIL for another man and he started coming over for Holiday none of us kids were happy but now they have been together for 3 years. We still don't like him but we have to learn to deal with it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)