Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A ladybug costume for a HORSE? *Update with pic of.finish product***Update Ladybug horse**

Posted by on Oct. 20, 2017 at 1:33 PM
  • 115 Replies
5 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I get to spend my Saturday making a ladybug costume for the horse DD is doimg her first horse show with. One of the clases is a costume class, and DD wants to participate. DD is being a ladybug, and she wants the horse to be dressed as a ladybug too. Mommy got tasked with making the horse costume. This should be interesting. I'm not great at sewing, but I hope DD is happly with the end result.

What is every one else doing for the weekend?

*Update*

8+ hours, 5 hot glue sticks, 2 burn blisters, some craftiness, and a bit of frustration later, we have a ladybug costume for a horse. Lol.

It may not be the most perfect thing in the world, but DD loves it so I'm happy. I wish I had planned better with the felt around the antena balls because they're messy, but too late now.

*Update Ladybug horse**

Here you go ladies!! I finished product!!
by on Oct. 20, 2017 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darcibeisheim
by Gold Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 1:38 PM
Lol. We are planning out a costume class for the spring. Trying to do needle in the haystack without the pony eating the haystack.
jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Oct. 20, 2017 at 1:47 PM
Oh lord. Good luck with that. Lol. Of course I already messed up by getting brown pipe cleaners for the antena instead of black. Lol.

Quoting darcibeisheim: Lol. We are planning out a costume class for the spring. Trying to do needle in the haystack without the pony eating the haystack.
jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 9:38 PM
Bump
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 9:40 PM
I dressed my horse and I up like Cleopatra for my freestyle reining routine to Walk Like an Egyptian :)

Cute idea!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 9:42 PM
I don't know what I'm looking at. Is it cloth, laying on a box? The box isn't part of the costume, right?

I'm sorry, I know it's late, but I'm going to need to see actual pics of a horse in costume. Please and thank you. ;)
jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 9:44 PM
It's sitting my kitchen table right now. Lol. It's red fabric with black felt spots on it, and two antena. The horse will be wearing it tomorrow. I will be sure to get pics.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don't know what I'm looking at. Is it cloth, laying on a box? The box isn't part of the costume, right?

I'm sorry, I know it's late, but I'm going to need to see actual pics of a horse in costume. Please and thank you. ;)
jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this
That sounds cute.

Quoting Libby22: I dressed my horse and I up like Cleopatra for my freestyle reining routine to Walk Like an Egyptian :)

Cute idea!
FoxForceFive
by Gold Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Uhhh...I just want a pic of the horse in the costume, thanks LOL!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 21, 2017 at 9:46 PM
Love it.
jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2017 at 9:52 PM
Lol. There will be tomorrow when the horse has it on. It's just going to cover her butt.

Quoting FoxForceFive: Uhhh...I just want a pic of the horse in the costume, thanks LOL!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)